MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Murilo Rua Signs With DREAM   [View Full Version]
DCRage » Posted 8/3/07 12:38:00PM

Former PRIDE fighter and one-time EliteXC middleweight champion Murilo Rua has signed a multi-fight deal with DREAM. He's expected to debut at DREAM 8 on April 5 but the promotion hasn't announced anything regarding his participation or an opponent.

Article

Khaos » Posted 6/27/07 8:20:00PM

Great news

Bowen50 » Posted 6/21/07 12:42:00PM

Jacare is fighting on Dream 8 and doesn't have an opponent yet, it's probably going to be Rua. Jacare Round 1 Sub if thats the case.

Mayhem13 » Posted 6/28/07 1:10:00AM

I want to see Rua vs Manhoef

postman » Posted 6/23/07 7:57:00PM

Shogun dosn't have a good showing he might be the next to sign with Dream!

higdon10 » Posted 7/6/07 2:00:00PM

Good for Ninja.

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

rua should go back to japan

DCRage » Posted 8/3/07 12:38:00PM

DREAM IS Japan.

Anyway, according to comments he made that were posted on Mania via GRACIEMAG, Rua says he's going to fight a Korean at DREAM 8.

IriShame » Posted 3/25/08 7:48:00PM

Thanks to Japans non-existent drug testing policies maybe Rua can get some victories under his belt. His brother should follow his lead. If you need that little extra something to beat good guys, stay in Japan. Don't come over here and think it was you the whole time that had the talent and not the "help" you were getting. Watching these guys get exposed is starting to get sad.

RMFG_187 » Posted 6/25/07 4:06:00AM

Posted by Mayhem13

I want to see Rua vs Manhoef

LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO!!!!!!

I would die to see this fight, but so would Rua

Wolfenstein » Posted 12/13/07 3:31:00AM

I'm surprised Strikeforce passed Rua over. He looked a little sloppy in his bout with Benji, but he did recetly defeat Xavier Foupa-Pokam (who will be making his UFC debut), Joey Villasenor, and Tony Bonnello. Three very quality fighters, and almost just as important--he's an exciting fighter that's willing to exchange with anyone.

Seems like an ideal fit for Strikeforce. I think they dropped the ball on this one big time. Strikeforce's loss is Dream's gain.

[View Full Version of this Page]