MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Jason Brilz Happy With UFC 96, Wants A Test   [View Full Version]
MMAcca » Posted 4/30/07 3:11:00PM

After winning a fight on an Ultimate Fighting Championship pay-per-view, some fighters would be spending their fist few days afterwards partying it up and enjoying the excesses that come with being a high-level mixed martial artist.

Not Jason Brilz.

Shortly after defeating Tim Boetsch in a three-round war of wills at UFC 96 on Saturday, Brilz spent the day relaxing with his two young daughters, taking them to the mall to enjoy a day of shopping.

LINK

theguido » Posted 12/30/07 1:04:00PM

Feed him to BONES JONES

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

cept jon jones is rumore to be fighting jake o'brien.

I think Boestch was a test for Brilz considering he almost lost that fight.

I could see Jason being matched up against Thiago Silva, Eric Schafer, James Lee(if he is still w/ UFC), or Matt Hamill.

bls1919 » Posted 6/25/07 1:09:00AM

I'm am pretty sure Boetsch was a test for him. I dont see Brillz going very far up the LHW ladder, just too stacked.

Jesse_Canadian_MMA » Posted 1/11/08 5:48:00PM

Thiago silva would be a good fight, could possibly serve as Silvas new start in a winning direction

lohmann » Posted 6/1/07 8:17:00AM

I'd like to see him matched up against the winner of Stann and Soszynski. I think either would make a good matchup for Brilz on a Fight Night or free card. I don't think Brilz is ready to be put on a pay-per-view main card yet; he beat Boetsch but not in any sort of dominating fashion.

DosBox » Posted 12/30/08 7:15:00PM

“I like to challenge myself and see where I’m at. I’d like to see my skills put up against somebody good. Hopefully they’ll give me a good jiu-jitsu guy or something like that. I’d like to see how I do against a good ground guy”

From Brilz himself. I would like to see him fight Eric Schafer. Both guys like to take the fight on the ground. Both are on 2 fight winning streaks in the UFC. It is a bit uncommon as of recent for a LHW fight in the UFC to take place on the ground. Even "ground" fighters such as Hamill, and Evans are beginning to keep the fight standing. Brilz is good at being fairly active from the top by looking to pass guard and land some GnP. His fight against Brad Morris showed a great display of his top game.

Hopefully the UFC could make this matchup, I think this would be a big test for Brilz.

ziegler3334 » Posted 8/3/08 7:10:00PM

I just can't see jason brilz ever getting that far up the ladder. LHW devision is soo tough. I think any marquee name would handle brilz decisively. So I think he has more "tim boetch-like" opponents in his future. Schafer sounds like a good start.

LakieMan » Posted 2/25/09 6:55:00PM

Posted by bls1919

I'm am pretty sure Boetsch was a test for him. I dont see Brillz going very far up the LHW ladder, just too stacked.

Exactly.

[View Full Version of this Page]