MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Gleison Tibau in vs Stephens   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
Mr_Dead_Sexy » Posted 3/2/07 9:14:00PM

With Efrain Escudero on the bench due to a rib injury sustained in training, American Top Team lightweight Gleison Tibau will step in to fight Jeremy Stephens.

Sources close to negotiations alerted MMAWeekly.com of the change.

The fight is the second in three months for Stephens, who himself stood in for injured teammate Hermes Franca to face Joe Lauzon at UFC Fight Night 17 in February. Stephens lost by submission in the second round.

LINK

Mayhem13 » Posted 6/28/07 1:10:00AM

If he can take the massive weightcut in the last minute replacement spot well...then I thin Tibau will get the submission win..

But the time frame scare me...

DCRage » Posted 8/3/07 12:38:00PM

Wasn't Tibau cut/released after his last fight? I already forgot if he won or lost.

Mayhem13 » Posted 6/28/07 1:10:00AM

Posted by DCRage

Wasn't Tibau cut/released after his last fight? I already forgot if he won or lost.

He choked out Clementi in his last fight...had he lost though, he would probably be out.

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

tibau is a big light weight
i think he will over welm jeremy to a decision but i think submitiing him is more likely

Jesse_Canadian_MMA » Posted 1/11/08 5:48:00PM

not sure if this is of co main event caliber though, not sure if any of the fights on that card are actually

Jesse_Canadian_MMA » Posted 1/11/08 5:48:00PM

better yet scrap dos anjos, scrap tibau and have the CO MAIN EVENT BE JEREMY STEPHANS -VS- TYSON GRIFFIN

Pookie » Posted 4/8/07 11:48:00PM

Tibau is going to beat Stephens in the exact same way Efrain would have.

nickcuc547 » Posted 1/27/07 12:52:00PM

looks like we are getting an even better fight after efrain's injury, tibau is a beast at lw, i think he subs stephens, he is superior on the ground to lauzon and if lauzon could tap him out tibau can.

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

Hopefully Tibau has been training and doesnt gas out.

I can see Tibau overwelming stephens into a tko or sub. Or grinding out a decision.

chickmagnet » Posted 7/5/07 2:53:00PM

Jeremy by Brutal KO

ziegler3334 » Posted 8/3/08 7:10:00PM

I like stephens so I'll be pulling for him, BUT i think he's going to be outmatched in this one. Tibau should be able to get this to the ground at some point, and stephens is going to be in trouble once its there.

Stephens last fight: sub loss to lauzon
Tibaus last fight: sub win over clementi

I see Tibau subbing him in the 2nd.

coldchillin » Posted 6/29/07 11:55:00AM

Tibau's ground game is superior to Stephens and should have no problem submitting him if the fight goes there.

Tibau via submission in the second round.

sparky » Posted 7/5/07 6:21:00PM

Stephens is in a whole lot of trouble in this fight Tibau is a monster at 155. He is more then likely going to take Stephens down and then sub him out!!!!!

Boo_Radley21 » Posted 7/19/07 12:28:00AM

This is gonna be a good fight but I'm goin with Tibau by sub in round 2.

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]