Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Who you got?
Forum Opinion Poll
Lyoto 54 78%
Rashad 15 22%
The Dragon to Face Sugar at UFC 98   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
babytater03 » Posted 8/28/07 10:32:00AM

According to a new published report, it appears that Lyoto Machida receive his shot at the UFC light heavyweight title sooner rather than later.

The Britsh tabloid The Sun is reporting that Quinton “Rampage” Jackson will be unable to accept an offer to headline UFC 98 on May 23 in Las Vegas against current 205 pound kingpin Rashad Evans. The Sun adds that with Jackson’s hand injury preventing him from fighting at UFC 98, Machida has been tapped to challenge Evans.

click me for news

War Rampage...oh wait.

wiggum » Posted 6/25/07 5:24:00PM

man, i hope this is true.....rampage does need a little time off....3 big fights in the span of 5 months?...thats pushing it and we dont want any excuse for if and when he challenges for the, i also think that lyoto is the uncrowned king of the lhw me a nuthugger, but i dont see anybody right now with the neccesary tools for me to think he could lose.....dragon vs sugar does have the potential to be a somewhat boring fight tho, cuz both fighters arent really known for pushing the action too much....course i thought that when winky wright fought jermaine taylor a couple years ago, and that turned out to be one of the best boxing matches of the year

StevieC » Posted 6/28/07 11:30:00AM

This will be sweet!!

Machida vs Rampage come December!! Dana can make a sick card out of this fight alone....

pv3Hpv3p » Posted 1/24/07 6:08:00PM

awesome... I like Rampage as much as the next guy, but Lyo deserves the shot and I'm glad to see him get it... Should be an awesome fight

DCRage » Posted 8/3/07 12:38:00PM

I sort of posted this already...


They're all using the same original source though, and it's a tabloid so I caution about taking this too seriously. Yet. That's mainly me though, tabloids are 99.9% false with what they publish so I'd rather hear it from a more reliable source.

tmas » Posted 6/15/07 2:09:00AM

i haave heard of many reports that the sun is not a legit sorce they have false articles all the time.....that doesnt mean this is false though. I guess we will find out.

Gannon » Posted 1/19/07 10:09:00AM

Finally!!! I'm more excited for this one.

war machida

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

Well Im going to say this fight is going to happen. Rampage to fight at ufc 98 is prolly too soon for him anyway, and I dont want to see him fight if he is not 100%.

I just wanted evans to win because of all the trash talk between evans and rampage.

But with evans and machida, battle of the undefeateds.

sparky » Posted 7/5/07 6:21:00PM

Rashad is going to put the first loss on Machida's record!!!

Hendo67 » Posted 11/18/08 1:59:00PM

Finally! I'm glad this fight is happening. Lyoto has waited long enough. Too bad about Rampages hand though, and i agree with was much too soon for Rampage to fight Rashad.

Red-Dragon » Posted 6/23/07 8:48:00AM

Poor old Rashad. Despite all his best efforts trying to bait Rampage to take the fight an injury means he gets Machida.

Say goodbye to your unbeaten record Rashad

MMAcca » Posted 4/30/07 3:11:00PM

Posted by tmas

i haave heard of many reports that the sun is not a legit sorce they have false articles all the time


Subterfuge » Posted 3/10/09 4:21:00PM;_ylt=AoV5DH6qNY_Ot1YsZLH4bJIMNwU6?slug=ki-rampage031109&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

I think it's official now.

Afflicted » Posted 8/17/08 4:21:00PM

Rampage is going to have surgery on his jaw. Apparently he has some torn ligaments in there and he will have 5 weeks of no contact following surgery. Looks like Rampage will be fighting Lyoto this fall for the tiltle.

1daveufc » Posted 12/28/08 12:59:00PM

Am from England am telling every one now that 99%of the time the sun is full of s**t.So am clinging on to the other 1% that this is true

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]