MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Josh Neer vs Kurt Pellegrino UFC Fight Night bout possible for August 5   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
MMAcca » Posted 4/30/07 3:11:00PM

MMAmania.com has been able to confirm that a lightweight match up between 155-pound veterans Josh Neer (25-7-1) and Kurt Pellegrino (13-4) is in the works for an upcoming UFC Fight Night planned for August 5.

While both fighters are in verbal agreement, bout contracts have yet to be signed.

LINK

Bowen50 » Posted 6/21/07 12:42:00PM

i called this match up after UFN 17. this fight is going to be a war. it is such an even match up where ever it goes. the only advantage one has over the other in my opinion is Pellegrino's wrestling. he should be able to use it to score takedowns and win it on the judges scorecards.

gsquat » Posted 11/15/07 5:00:00PM

Posted by Bowen50

i called this match up after UFN 17. this fight is going to be a war. it is such an even match up where ever it goes. the only advantage one has over the other in my opinion is Pellegrino's wrestling. he should be able to use it to score takedowns and win it on the judges scorecards.

Word This is such a tough matchup. Stylistically they're almost the same fighter. I think neer might have a little better striking and KP might have better wrestling. Hot bout for sure, and fight of the night probable.

Edit: BTW, Cut it out Bowen. You season hog. Let someone else be #1 at something ya jerk.

Bowen50 » Posted 6/21/07 12:42:00PM

Posted by gsquat

Posted by Bowen50

Word This is such a tough matchup. Stylistically they're almost the same fighter. I think neer might have a little better striking and KP might have better wrestling. Hot bout for sure, and fight of the night probable.

Edit: BTW, Cut it out Bowen. You season hog. Let someone else be #1 at something ya jerk.

i'm out of the secondary league grand prix if that makes you feel any better

wrona666 » Posted 6/21/07 3:31:00PM

I think Pelligrino takes this fight, but it should be a war....

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

I knew someone called this match up.

Im pulling for Pellegrino!

wiggum » Posted 6/25/07 5:24:00PM

i think pelligrino will pull out the decsionw win.....the biggest difference being the kurts wrestling...neer has average wrestilng and takedown defense....neer has a really good ground game, but pelligrino is no slouch (i think a bjj black belt too) and from top position hes a beast....josh might be the better kickboxer, escpially with the reach advantage, but kurt has excellent boxing, espcially in the technique departement...and if you look at past fights, kurt uses hes boxing really well to get inside a fighter with longer reach (diaz, crane etc)...i dont think either has what it takes to finish each off, so it will be a battle of attrition

GSPCanada » Posted 3/15/08 9:03:00PM

Fight night guys always get macthed up against each other for some reason.

anyways i know this is going to be a great fight I dont want it to happen because I like both these guys...alot. i wanted to see pellegrino n huerta but I know this will be a memorable fight

Wolfenstein » Posted 12/13/07 3:31:00AM

I think Pellegrino will come in as an underdog, maybe even for +2 points. He's had a few hiccups in the UFC, and has had a tendency to fall into submissions...but I think he has turned the corner.

Neer had absolutely no respect for Mac, as he just walked him down, and walked right through aything Danzig threw at him. He'll have to respect Pellegrino's power--or at the very least his wrestling. I don't think Josh will be slick enough off his back to catch Pellegrino with anything. Kurt should pull off a small upset here as long as he minimizes his mistakes.

sparky » Posted 7/5/07 6:21:00PM

Neer is going to win this one by tap out I think personally!!!

bls1919 » Posted 6/25/07 1:09:00AM

This is going to be a stand up war for the first two and the if it goes to a third Neer pulls out a late sub or the UD.

fizzle » Posted 12/23/08 10:54:00PM

I think Batman takes this fight, as many said before, due to superior wrestling. The guys are almost the same in all aspects of the game. Both are rediculously tough and I can't wait to see how this one plays out.

nickcuc547 » Posted 1/27/07 12:52:00PM

Posted by Bowen50

my thoughts exactly, pellegrino is very underrated and his wrestling is the only place where either guy has a distinct advantage.

CwB » Posted 2/27/07 2:05:00PM

I think the third Diaz brother (Neer) will take this fight...

gartface » Posted 7/29/07 7:00:00PM

Neer subbing Pellegrino? No way. Batman will beat him in every aspect, except maybe punching power.

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]