MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
'Rampage' Jackson to get chance at Liddell's title   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
zephead » Posted 1/16/07 5:32:00PM

The way Chuck Liddell has dominated recent opponents Tito Ortiz and Randy Couture, it appears the Ultimate Fighting Championship's light-heavyweight champion is unbeatable.

LINK

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

bulldogg » Posted 3/21/07 2:38:00PM

This is not even going to be close. Rampage is going to MAN handle Liddell again.

Send me a wager when the fight goes up

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

mmachamp123 » Posted 3/18/07 7:18:00PM

come on you seen what happened last time rampage whipped him

3 years ago. Both are different fighters. You saw what Randy did to Chuck the first time the fought. What happened the 2nd and 3rd time?

Chec22 » Posted 1/28/07 11:37:00PM

I would like to see Rampage win, but I dont think he will. Chuck has it all dialed in right now.

Sam_Rothstein » Posted 3/21/07 1:52:00AM

i really think it will be a good match

maybe rampage wins and maybe chuck wins

but i really dont see how anyone can be 100% sure of the outcome, like someone said he lost to randy the natural and came back and beat him up twice.

then again rampage is hungry and is a great striker as well

the only thing im sure about is that it wont go to the cards

alpha » Posted 3/27/07 12:51:00PM

Posted by zephead

3 years ago. Both are different fighters. You saw what Randy did to Chuck the first time the fought. What happened the 2nd and 3rd time?

yeah...exactly... everybody is referring to the last fight, but chuck has improved a whole hell of a lot more than rampage has since he got the jesus smacked into him....

imo it will be a close fight, but in the end chuck will counter punch his way through rampage and have another highligt reel KO on his resume...

chentay2112 » Posted 2/19/07 11:40:00AM

rampage is good enough to beat chuck but i've got to agree with zephead on this...
chuck has beat everybody convincingly and is going into this fight full of confidence
IMO chuck by KO

AlmightyThor » Posted 3/17/07 6:38:00PM

when was the last time chuck fought someone who didnt need to take you down to win though rampage can strike as good as anyone at this weight(except maybe shogun) and he has ground game. hes like a tito ortiz with natural talent

ultimateweapon » Posted 3/19/07 4:57:00PM

Rampage's last losses have been by ko and chuck is a ko artist all i have to say is overhand right.

hook_tothe_body » Posted 3/28/07 10:13:00PM

Going to be such a good fight. Can't wait to see how close the odds are.

Fight could go either way.

aznteabagger » Posted 4/7/07 6:25:00PM

last time they fought was when chuck couldnt sprawl to save his life, now...

hook_tothe_body » Posted 3/28/07 10:13:00PM

Posted by aznteabagger

last time they fought was when chuck couldnt sprawl to save his life, now...

Exactly.

I think it'll be a stand up fight, with Chuck eventually coming out on top. But Jackson can still tag Liddell with an uppercut and (T)KO him.

Lord_Lenny » Posted 3/31/07 6:09:00PM

It's been too long to predict the fight using their last fight. Chuck has made leaps and bounds since then, he has developed a great sprawl, hes a natural boxer and his ground skill is underrated cuz you hardly get to see it, but i do think his boxing skill is a little overrated. In the chuck's fight with Tito he proved he wasn't unstoppable, in fact tito stood with him pretty well (...except twice). Fighting a guy who's willing to throw hands with him should make it an interesting fight indeed.

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]