MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Dana: Grove-Day Loser Saturday Is Gone   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
DCRage » Posted 8/3/07 12:38:00PM

Hopefully Kendall Grove didn't need any more pressure going into UFC 96 Saturday, because he just got it. Dana White told USA Today yesterday that the Grove-Jason Day loser Saturday night is out of UFC, meaning Grove could be the first TUF winner to ever be cut by UFC.

Article

Boo_Radley21 » Posted 7/19/07 12:28:00AM

Well then if I picked the winner correctly, Grove is done for.

IriShame » Posted 3/25/08 7:48:00PM

Poor Kendall. I always thought he showed promise, he just never put it together.

He certainly had the height going for him (kinda like Corey Hill) but it seemed he never could use it to his fullest extent. I don't want to see him lose and get cut but I too am picking against him.

manalito » Posted 3/19/07 12:48:00PM

Kendall has been a dissapoinment. I had a lot of expectatiosn for him, but he hasnt stringed together a good amount of wins. I think he will beat Day, however, he now knows that every fight in the UFC from here on out could be his last.

wiggum » Posted 6/25/07 5:24:00PM

grove just has a poor chin......anybody can touch it.....i can see why they are threatening to release grove, but i dont understand why hes threatening day to be out tho....he beat up belcher pretty bad, and got beat up by poster boy bisping......thats not a bad run.......kinda silly

Chuteboxer » Posted 3/24/07 2:47:00PM

Actually, Kendall won't be the first TUF winner to be cut if he loses...because if I recall correctly, Travis Lutter won TUF 4 at 185 and he got cut....

not that that has anything to do with this really, but I thought it was worth mentioning...

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

yeah but lutter was on the comeback show.

Boo_Radley21 » Posted 7/19/07 12:28:00AM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

yeah but lutter was on the comeback show.

Exactly. I don't classify any of the guys who were on the comeback show as ultimate fighters, because they were all in the UFC already before being on the show. It's not like guys like Griffin or Diego.

MFOTHER » Posted 1/30/08 5:21:00PM

is it just because of the long lay off?
grove's last fight was fine. tanner didn't look great, but a win is a win.

how many wins does he have to get before he is safe......

I'd say 2. He's at 3-2 in UFC right now so a loss would put him at 3-3.

tmas » Posted 6/15/07 2:09:00AM

Thats silly Kendal belongs in the UFC

Jesse_Canadian_MMA » Posted 1/11/08 5:48:00PM

grove by 2nd rd sub but why would dana say that lol cause eventually the winner is gon to, if dana has no quarrel cutting ya now, he wont the next time you lose, unless one of these guys goes on a rampage and destroys the division all of sudden???doubtful

bls1919 » Posted 6/25/07 1:09:00AM

I see Day running through Kendall in this one. Day by TKO, Bye Bye Kendall.

Kaem » Posted 11/15/07 8:23:00AM

I haven't liked Kendall since my wife mentioned she thought he was cute during his Tuff season. I hope Day at least uglies him up a bit.

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]