MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Joe Stevenson vs. Mac Danzig no longer being considered by UFC   [View Full Version]
MMAcca » Posted 4/30/07 3:11:00PM

UFC lightweights Joe Stevenson (29-10 MMA, 6-4 UFC) and Mac Danzig (18-6-1 MMA, 2-2 UFC), linked together for a possible showdown in a recent report from longtime MMA commentator Mauro Ranallo, are no longer slated to meet.

Stevenson today told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) that there has been a change of plans, though he could not elaborate on a new opponent.

"It was talked about, but it's not happening," Stevenson said.

LINK

fizzle » Posted 12/23/08 10:54:00PM

I figured this wouldn't happen. Doesn't make sense to match these guys up as they both have large drawing power matched up against anyone else. I think Joe gets a tune up fight to get him a W after some tough fights, not necessarily a can but someone where he is the clear favorite. I think Danzig gets something similar.

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

i was thinking tuf main event but not anymore

Boo_Radley21 » Posted 7/19/07 12:28:00AM

Drats. That was a beat down I was looking forward to. Stevenson needed a win and would have got it in this fight.

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

It doesnt make any sense to have these two fight. Both coming off multiple losses and could be cut by the UFC. UFC doesnt want to cut two or one Ultimate Fighter winners.

[View Full Version of this Page]