MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Steve Bruno Latest Victim Of UFC Roster Cuts   [View Full Version]
MMAcca » Posted 4/30/07 3:11:00PM

American Top Team welterweight Steve ‘Hollywood’ Bruno (12-5-0) appears to have become the latest casualty in a round of roster cuts that the UFC is engaged in.

His listing was removed from the UFC.com site earlier today and sources contacted by Fighters Only said the he has been dropped, although neither the UFC nor ATT has officially confirmed this at time of writing.

LINK

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

wow i know he lost 2 fights in the ufc but both were by decisions

CwB » Posted 2/27/07 2:05:00PM

Another one bites the dust

ziegler3334 » Posted 8/3/08 7:10:00PM

Bruno seemed like a pretty solid fighter, but there was little to no chance of him ever becoming a star, or even a main card fighter.
If he is for real, then there's no reason he can't still succeed. Look at Jorge Santiago. If he doesn't fit now, maybe in the future.

But for now, if they need to make cuts, this isn't a bad call.

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

Should be cut after losing to riddle and I picked bruno to win and it was the hot bout.

Im not too shocked with this one. He could string some wins and make a second run at the ufc.

Its going to be interesting to see what they do with Joe Stevenson if he loses to diego, that would be 3 straight loses. TUF 2 Champ too, they will prolly try to feed him a can for a win.

IriShame » Posted 3/25/08 7:48:00PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Should be cut after losing to riddle and I picked bruno to win and it was the hot bout.

Im not too shocked with this one. He could string some wins and make a second run at the ufc.

Its going to be interesting to see what they do with Joe Stevenson if he loses to diego, that would be 3 straight loses. TUF 2 Champ too, they will prolly try to feed him a can for a win.

I don't think it's three straight. I believe he sandwiched a win over Tibeau in there between loses to Penn and Florian.

GraMMA » Posted 1/13/08 11:46:00AM

I really expected Bruno to do better than he has,so I'm not surprised at this.Even in the fight he won he wasn't very impressive.Hopefully he can do well somewhere else.

EvenFlow » Posted 11/9/08 6:40:00PM

Im 0-2 picking him and lost 2 hots bouts and a parlay, cant say Im dissapointed hes gone.

[View Full Version of this Page]