MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Ray Mercer Vows To KO Kimbo Slice on 6/16   [View Full Version]
zephead » Posted 1/16/07 5:32:00PM

According to a recent report in the Atlantic City Press, 1988 Olympic Gold Medal winner, former WBO heavyweight champion Ray Mercer is once again entering the world of mixed martial arts, against popular "internet street fighter" Kimbo Slice. A June bout with Hasim Rahman apparently fell through.

link

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Sam_Rothstein » Posted 3/21/07 1:52:00AM

i'd pay to see that fight

i would like to see what he does against an actual talented fighter

4 ounce gloves and a slugfest between an ex champion and the internets mos praised street fighter

bulldogg » Posted 3/21/07 2:38:00PM

If you have watched any of Kimbos fights on the internet he is decent. When he fought a UFC preson (Sean Gannon 1-1) in one of his backyard fights he got his ass kick. He got knock down like four of five time. Every time laying there for a good ten seconds before he even started to get up. Dont get me wrong Kimbo got his in also.

[View Full Version of this Page]