MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Strikeforce declines to acquire contracts of Antonio Silva and Murilo “Ninja” Rua   [View Full Version]
MMAcca » Posted 4/30/07 3:11:00PM

Published reports indicate that Strikeforce acquired a total of 42 fighter of approximately 150 contracts from ProElite during last week’s acquisition of select assets.

The San Jose-based promotion is believed to have the option of acquiring additional contracts from ProElite in the future, but as it stands now, a great deal of fighters will continue to remain under ProElite control.

FiveOuncesOfPain.com has learned that two fighters that will remain under contract to ProElite are EliteXC heavyweight champion Antonio Silva and former EliteXC middleweight champion Murilo “Ninja” Rua.

LINK

xAcidburNx » Posted 7/8/07 10:05:00AM

its a shame thats all ive got to say

lohmann » Posted 6/1/07 8:17:00AM

Saw Antonio Silva getting the pink slip from a mile away, but why Murilo Rua? He's inconsistent, sure, but always brings exciting high-velocity fights that he sometimes win.

bojangalz » Posted 5/25/07 9:00:00PM

Ninja isn't nearly as marketible to the casual fan as Bigfoot. I actually suprised that they didn't try to keep him dispite all the licensing issues.

whardin19 » Posted 7/25/07 9:08:00PM

Wasn't suprised about Silva. But I couldn't believe they didn't keep Ninja! To me he has to be one of the most exciting fighters EliteXC had.

DCRage » Posted 8/3/07 12:38:00PM

He's OveR(u)ated. I saw his last couple fights and after each said "I am not impressed by his performance" (sorry, can't get enough of that line). Silva was a no-brainer given he's still suspended until July and is facing license revocation.

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

Im not suprised by either because of Silva's issue with roids. Not really suprised by ninja either because strikeforce already is getting a stacked card together.

bls1919 » Posted 6/25/07 1:09:00AM

They might have offered enough money for Rua's contract either. but you guys are right his last few fights were.........ehhh

hindsightufuk » Posted 2/8/09 1:59:00PM

yeah ninja has looked dodgy, but he gets beaten up in an entertaining way!
remember the robbie lawler fight? that was an awesome beating he took!

haggiswashere » Posted 7/30/07 3:48:00PM

They cut Ninja but kept Kimbo?

Playground_Samurai » Posted 1/28/07 4:36:00PM

Posted by DCRage

He's OveR(u)ated. I saw his last couple fights and after each said "I am not impressed by his performance" (sorry, can't get enough of that line). Silva was a no-brainer given he's still suspended until July and is facing license revocation.

Over rated? Sure he's hot and cold, but he doesn't get nearly enough attention to consider him over rated.

My favorite beat down ever. How were you not impressed by this performance? I say boooooo to Strikeforces decision to decline.

xAcidburNx » Posted 7/8/07 10:05:00AM

what fight was that i wanna watch it.

[View Full Version of this Page]