MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Andrei Arlovski's Pro Boxing Debut Confirmed   [View Full Version]
Pages: 1 [2]
breakdown5 » Posted 1/15/07 7:35:00PM

Hopefully he doesn't spend that much time away from MMA. But he will be making fistfuls of cash boxing.

ncordless » Posted 4/8/07 11:09:00PM

I smell a comeback by either George Foreman, Evander Holyfield, or Riddick Bowe... or maybe Golota?

Greene33 » Posted 1/24/07 6:13:00PM

Roach has worked with the best, now he thinks if he can turn a MMA fighter into a legitimate HW boxer he would be the best trainer of all time.

I say he beats a few cans and has success at first but gets KO'd whenever he takes that step up in competition.

warglory » Posted 2/4/07 2:44:00AM

Posted by Greene33

Roach has worked with the best, now he thinks if he can turn a MMA fighter into a legitimate HW boxer he would be the best trainer of all time.

I say he beats a few cans and has success at first but gets KO'd whenever he takes that step up in competition.

I really don't understand this logic that Arlovski has a glass chin. If you put a boxer in an MMA match and let him get hit by Tim Sylvia flush on the jaw, I am fairly certain he'd take a tumble. There's no difference between a boxer's jaw and an MMA fighter's jaw.

evan9eleven » Posted 2/4/09 4:29:00PM

Posted by ncordless

I smell a comeback by either George Foreman, Evander Holyfield, or Riddick Bowe... or maybe Golota?

I think Holyfield and Tyson are fighting in the Middle East in October. AA better hope he can take a 10oz shot.

EliasG » Posted 10/20/07 12:55:00AM

Yeah, having fought pro heavyweight boxers with 10 oz. and fought a couple pro MMA fighters with MMA gloves, I can say there is a substantive difference between the power generated with each kind of glove. Depending on "how" a person strikes it is more in MMA, although I've found that the striking skill of boxers with their hands is obviouisly much greater.

bls1919 » Posted 6/25/07 1:09:00AM

Good for Andrei , he's getting his money and doing it without Dana and the boys. Bad for us MMA fans. We'll see how it play out but i think he'll be back in MMA

Pages: 1 [2]

[View Full Version of this Page]