Atsushi Yamamoto
Bibiano Fernandes
Micah Miller
Chase Beebe
Joe Warren
Kim Jong Won
SHOJI/DJ.taiki

DCRage » Posted 8/3/07 12:38:00PM

I wouldn't be too certain about Beebe only because he's fighting at the 2/21 UWC event. That's roughly a 2-week turnaround.

Edit: Make the count 13. Junkie reports that both Shoji Maruyama & Daiki Hata have been added. I originally read somewhere that Maruyama & Hata were to face off at a DEEP event next week to determine who goes.

Mayhem13 » Posted 6/28/07 1:10:00AM

I will be rooting for "the leg mangler", "the knee bar master", "the ankle twister champion", "the heel hooker"!..or wait...ummm..I dont know about that last name...haha..

WAR!!! Imanari !!!

jay98107 » Posted 1/24/07 6:50:00PM

Rumor has it that Kid Yamamoto will get a first round bye, so it'd be a 15 man tournament. This is merely rumor though

ncordless » Posted 4/8/07 11:09:00PM

That is a pretty good GP right there. All the americans better be practicing their leg lock defense

cmill21 » Posted 5/27/07 4:09:00PM

Man I love tourney's, Go Dream!

Mr_Dead_Sexy » Posted 3/2/07 9:14:00PM

Still sad that Mishima won't be able to take part. WAR IMANARI!

higdon10 » Posted 7/6/07 2:00:00PM

I'm pulling for Miller although its highly unlikely that he wins it.

The_Italian_Stallion » Posted 5/13/08 4:43:00PM

Chase Beebe all the WAY! I'm calling the upset here!

StriderXero » Posted 9/2/07 3:37:00PM

sigh
maybe Kid wont be in this Grand Prix. He's been talking with Zuffa about possibly fighting here. Maybe FEG is mad at him for that. I actually hope Kid is popular enough to compete in both.

Mackavelli » Posted 1/25/07 5:04:00PM

Last I heard kid isnt competing in the first round because hes still recovering from his knee injury. He might get a bye though and fight in the second round.

mk1630 » Posted 5/29/07 2:40:00PM

In a perfect world Faber and a couple of the guys in WEC could take part in this. But of course, that will never happen and i know its , but i can DREAM cant i?

DCRage » Posted 8/3/07 12:38:00PM

Well if UFC would be willing to even think about thinking about hooking up with WHAMO...I mean, WAMMA it could happen.

Also mentioned in an updated version of the article I read somewhere-a WWGP later this year. Expected to be built around Mach (Hayato Sakurai) but watch to see if Shinya Aoki moves up to WW for this GP, only a rumor now but could happen.

tberg420 » Posted 1/24/07 6:05:00PM

I read that most of these fights will be on HDNet and that's is awesome. I don't know a great deal of these fighters but really look forward to MMA that's new to me.

Beardotheweirdo » Posted 1/31/07 1:38:00PM

Posted by DCRage

Well if UFC would be willing to even think about thinking about hooking up with WHAMO...I mean, WAMMA it could happen.

Also mentioned in an updated version of the article I read somewhere-a WWGP later this year. Expected to be built around Mach (Hayato Sakurai) but watch to see if Shinya Aoki moves up to WW for this GP, only a rumor now but could happen.

If they do a WWGP, then Aoki will surely be in it. He's a bigger draw than Mach.

It's not official, but it's more than a rumour considering it came from Tanigawa. The WWGP should start in April. In typical Japanese fashion I doubt we'll hear anything about it until March.

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]