MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
TJ Grant to Debut against Chonan at UFC 97   [View Full Version]
Wolfenstein » Posted 12/13/07 3:31:00AM

When most fighters learn they have finally received a coveted UFC invitation, their emotions can run the gamut, from incredulousness to joy. However, when Cole Harbour, Nova Scotia, native T.J. Grant learned he had an offer to fight at UFC 97 on April 18 in Montreal, he tried to go back to sleep.

Grant (13-2) is currently half a world away, training his muay Thai with teammate Ryan Jimmo at the famed Kaewsamrit Gym in Thailand, and when his manager/trainer, Scott MacLean, gave him the big news, he did not really believe it.

link

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

Sleep is very important.

Grant 13-2, 12 sub wins. But Chonan is a tough guy to finish.

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

i heard alot about grant he suppose to be the next best thing coming out of canada i think he will win

jiujitsufreak74 » Posted 9/24/07 7:28:00PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

i heard alot about grant he suppose to be the next best thing coming out of canada i think he will win

just remember that Goulet was supposed to be the next best thing out of Canada...

Mayhem13 » Posted 6/28/07 1:10:00AM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

just remember that Goulet was supposed to be the next best thing out of Canada...

and he could have been, if he wasnt so narcoleptic.

bustin_mma » Posted 2/7/08 7:05:00PM

Grant is very good, I think he will win by UD if he can keep his nerves under control.

MMAcca » Posted 4/30/07 3:11:00PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

That guy could get knocked out by a strong breeze.....

[View Full Version of this Page]