MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Chuck Liddell vs. Shogun Rua to Main Event UFC 97   [View Full Version]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
casey64 » Posted 7/5/07 2:39:00PM

Posted by Dtime_NBT

Shogun has looked like absolute garbage. Any solid LHW woulda but Coleman outta his misery in the first round, but Shogun maybe coulda lost that decision. Liddell has been on a slide but this is where he gets off of it.

Exactly.

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

im taking liddell. Shogun looks small for 205 and looked unimpressive against coleman.

higdon10 » Posted 7/6/07 2:00:00PM

If the same Shogun that fought last night comes to fight Liddell, The Iceman is stepping back into the winners circle.

Gipper » Posted 1/11/08 3:14:00PM

i knew they were going to do this...i'm glad they did. look for shogun to be a hell of a lot better and liddell to be his oldself swinging for the fences. i can't wait for this one.

allmotormark » Posted 1/17/07 4:53:00PM

if anyone thinks in 3 months shogun is going to come in a different fighter, your dreaming.

chuck 2nd round tko

shogun looked bad and 3 months won't change a thing, he looked like he was going to keel over and die he could barely talk at the end.

Naturaldisaster » Posted 4/8/07 4:17:00PM

Id like to go to this event and sit in the very last row, cuz thats where shoguns jaw is gonna land when chuck KO's him

decken » Posted 8/20/07 11:53:00AM

Posted by allmotormark

if anyone thinks in 3 months shogun is going to come in a different fighter, your dreaming.

chuck 2nd round tko

shogun looked bad and 3 months won't change a thing, he looked like he was going to keel over and die he could barely talk at the end.

That is because he is just learning how to speak english. If you did not notice he has always used his translator before!!!!! Lets see you speak another language and not sound a little retarded at first.

Anyways, I think shogun looked fine until he gassed. While you can not get an endless gas tank in three months you can make huge improvements. And i bet a lot of it was due to him being nervous and getting a huge adrenalin dump.

(SHOGUN'S GAS TANK)

mk1630 » Posted 5/29/07 2:40:00PM

Honestly without seeing Shoguns last fight, i still would have picked Chuck. Chcuk by KO in the 2nd.

ncordless » Posted 4/8/07 11:09:00PM

Posted by tuvok500

And the worst part his that he hit like a girl, i even think gina hit harder, no way this guy gonna beat Liddell no need to guess here, Liddell is still in fire.

Is that fighter bashing, or girl bashing?

And I think you should get some kind of nuthugging "commitment to excellence award" for saying that Chuck Liddell is still on fire. He is 1-3 in his last four fights, two of which were KO's and the last one was close to a homicide.

postman » Posted 6/23/07 7:57:00PM

Shogun didn't look his best but good lord he did ko Coleman that guys head is like a cement block. I hope he improves on this fight i'm taking Shogun by ko in 2

loller90278 » Posted 1/16/07 3:05:00PM

i like how everyone picks liddel like he's been on a tear lately..

is chuck getting KTFO more impressive than shogun K coleman TFO ?

sure, chucks never been in a clinch too long, but he had never been KO'd before rashad. sure, chucks a great striker but he got out striked by a horrible muay thai practictioner in jardine. sure he used to keep his hands low, but its not like they cost him being KO'd by rampage.

EvenFlow » Posted 11/9/08 6:40:00PM

I love how everybodys writing Shogun off, I'm gonna remember who you guys are, so you cant change bandwagons without getting heat for calling Shogun's performance garbage. That was a good fight and the only weakness Shogun showed at all is cardio which can be worked on. It's a lot better than a lot of these TUF guys who dont have half the technique, power, skill set or expereince but if they have a gas tank there performance isnt garbage? that dosnt make sense, theres a lot of double standards for fighters that just arnt fair, people just wanna see the Shogun that won the grand prix. Listen, 2005 Shogun is gone, Pride is gone, speculation about how the old Shogun > new Shogun should be gone, this is 2009 and he could be better than ever with the right training regimine. The man got off of 2 ACL injuries and hasnt fought in a year and a half its obvious that it was a bit of ring rust, for the love of god give him a freakin break and the benefit of the doubt. I like Chuck a lot but he's in trouble.

motorboatensob » Posted 1/29/07 3:59:00PM

Posted by loller90278

shogun will be too quick for liddel

but seriously. shogun. stop making pride look bad and hit a treadmill for god sakes!

im picking shogun by submission.

He wasn't even quick enough for a 44 year old gased Mark Colman also he has to get Liddell down to sub him.

cmill21 » Posted 5/27/07 4:09:00PM

Posted by motorboatensob

Posted by loller90278

shogun will be too quick for liddel

but seriously. shogun. stop making pride look bad and hit a treadmill for god sakes!

im picking shogun by submission.

He wasn't even quick enough for a 44 year old gased Mark Colman also he has to get Liddell down to sub him.

Shogun's takedowns are acctually damn good, he took Coleman down and you can't tell me you think Chucks the better wrestler. Also, why is everyone talking like this fight was close, IMO Shogun dominated just about every minuet of the fight lol.

PolishPride » Posted 1/9/09 11:35:00PM

Shogun dissapointed me with his second showing of terrible cardio in a row. Granted he was coming off a layoff due to surgury. I think Liddell takes the match. Unless Shogun can stay healthy and bring his cardio up to par he wont be able to pose a threat to Liddell outside of the first round.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

[View Full Version of this Page]