MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Chuck Liddell vs. Shogun Rua to Main Event UFC 97   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
MMAcca » Posted 4/30/07 3:11:00PM

Alongside an Anderson Silva title defense, the co-main event of UFC 97 in Montreal is Chuck Liddell vs. Shogun Rua. The news comes from Dave Meltzer.

Potential spoilers in the LINK

cmill21 » Posted 5/27/07 4:09:00PM

Shogun better hit the treadmill now. I'm pissed that he gassed again.

tuvok500 » Posted 6/21/07 3:07:00PM

Liddell by murder !!

Muay-Thai_Mogwai » Posted 6/3/07 8:08:00AM

Liddell will murder Shogun. Props to Coleman for hanging in there.

loller90278 » Posted 1/16/07 3:05:00PM

shogun will be too quick for liddel

but seriously. shogun. stop making pride look bad and hit a treadmill for god sakes!

im picking shogun by submission.

Aaronno9 » Posted 10/10/07 2:09:00PM

If shogun fights anything at all like he fought tonight he might take the first round then itll just be a matter of time before he gets knocked out. Hes got the tools to beat the Liddell, if he can use em for the full 3 rounds.

Mycroft » Posted 11/11/07 9:38:00PM

Apparently no one saw Shogun get tooled for three rounds by a gassed Mark Coleman.

This is a gift wrapped win for Liddell.

Mhunt1140 » Posted 7/1/07 4:25:00PM

Shogun has been one of my favorite fighters from back in the Pride days but to be totally honest his performance today was utterly terrible. I was really disappointed with this fight. He is 27 years old and he was dead after the first round against someone who really just standing in front of him like a punching bag. He really needs to get in shape and get ready for a war. I understand the fact that he is not the same fighter that he once was after all of the injuries but he definitely has the ability to be very good. If he can get control of his conditioning his striking/bjj will give him a chance to beat anyone. However, if he doesn't it will be ugly come UFC 97.

PABLOMAFIOSO » Posted 6/24/07 12:50:00PM

Yeah, poor show by shogun. Coleman was a sitting duck from halfway through the first round onwards! Shogun should have finished the fight a lot earlier. I will not be surprised if he is cut after a loss to Liddell.

casey64 » Posted 7/5/07 2:39:00PM

Terrible preformence by Shogun, I honestly cant say who would win. I guess Liddell

tuvok500 » Posted 6/21/07 3:07:00PM

Posted by casey64

Terrible preformence by Shogun, I honestly cant say who would win. I guess Liddell

come on man, Lidell is 10 time more in shape than Shogun will ever be in 3 months at Montreal, he is starting from - 500 stamina.

And the worst part his that he hit like a girl, i even think gina hit harder, no way this guy gonna beat Liddell no need to guess here, Liddell is still in fire.

I also have to say that the training is suppose to be harder than the fight itself, so here considering that Coleman was completely gassed after rd 1 we can easily say that Shogun simply didn't train like he has to train to fight in the UFC.

loller90278 » Posted 1/16/07 3:05:00PM

all you fairweather fans are killing me. i'm not even the biggest fan of shogun but im not jumping off the bandwagon just yet. all he needs is a bit more cardio. the fight with chuck will be MUCH less tiring than this fight. i'm going with shogun by submission on this one. i wonder if the loser of this will get the boot from the ufc. probably not chuck because hes dana's friend but shogun might.

Wolfenstein » Posted 12/13/07 3:31:00AM

It was shocking how poorly Shogun performed and gassed. Even from the get-go his punches didn't seem to have a lot on them, although judging by Mark's face you might say otherwise. Damn Coleman's face was busted up. He almost looked as bad as after the Fedor fight. At least this time he didn't bring his kids in to meet the guy that just beat daddy.

He looked pudgy all the way leading to this fight, so I'm not totally surprised. I think you also have to factor in jet lag, and a time zone change. Especially coming all the way from Brazil. He let a lot of slow punches from Coleman pass right through his guard and land. His standup just didn't look very crisp.

I hate to instantly jump on the "so and so should go down a weight class" but Shogun looks really small at 205, and he just doesn't seem to be that strong comparatively speaking to other 205's.

At this point I would have to go with Chuck, but I won't discount Shogun just yet. He's a much better fighter than he showed tonight, and eventually he's going to prove he's still one of the top fighters at 205 or whatever weight class he chooses to compete at.

EvenFlow » Posted 11/9/08 6:40:00PM

Posted by loller90278

all you fairweather fans are killing me. i'm not even the biggest fan of shogun but im not jumping off the bandwagon just yet. all he needs is a bit more cardio. the fight with chuck will be MUCH less tiring than this fight. i'm going with shogun by submission on this one. i wonder if the loser of this will get the boot from the ufc. probably not chuck because hes dana's friend but shogun might.

Shogun is still in a must win situation and I think he will train his cardio more completely. I have him winning as well.

manalito » Posted 3/19/07 12:48:00PM

whoa whoa whoa everyone. do you people realize shogun is coming offof a 16 month layoff??? yes i agree, he wasnt back to full form tonight and his gas tank was not great niehter was his performance, but im glad he won, got his cofidence up and will be in better shape for the Liddel fight. I honestly felt at tiems that shogun didnt want to end the fight so quick, but thats just me. Anyway. i cnat wait for that fight!!! i still got shogun over chuck via knees!!!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

[View Full Version of this Page]