MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Melvin Guillard vs. Ronys Torres latest fight added to UFN 18   [View Full Version]
Wolfenstein » Posted 12/13/07 3:31:00AM

Talented Brazilian lightweight competitor Ronys Torres is scheduled to make his UFC debut against Melvin Guillard during the undercard of UFC Fight Night 18 on April 1.

link

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

I think its Ronnys Torres on sherdog. If it is that guy he is 14-1 and a submission guy.

But I hope Guillard wins.

Wolfenstein » Posted 12/13/07 3:31:00AM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

I think its Ronnys Torres on sherdog. If it is that guy he is 14-1 and a submission guy.

But I hope Guillard wins.

It is the same guy, and I'm pretty sure it's a misspelling on Sherdog's part. Anyways I've followed him for a while through the Jungle Fight promotion and he's a really talented prospect. A top not BJJ guy with some really good GnP. His kimura victory over Luiz Azeredo (Yup the guy who beat Anderson Silva in his debut) was really slick and opened up a lot of eyes.

I expect big things from him, but this isn't exactly the most favorable matchup. He has good standup, but he's at his best when he can get the fight to the ground. That's going to be really difficult against Melvin, but I think he'll find a way, and when he does I don't think Melvin will last for more than a minute.

Mayhem13 » Posted 6/28/07 1:10:00AM

Torres round 1 submission rnc.

I just hope he doesn't get dropped before he has a chance to show his groundgame off.

Jesse_Canadian_MMA » Posted 1/11/08 5:48:00PM

gotta go for Torres in this one, like what weight class did this guy fight at to be fighting and beating a guy who beat anderson silva and he himself won a decision over LHW Rafeal Calvancanti Feijao. So if hes beating 205ers Guillard is in trouble

Jim_Dangle » Posted 11/28/08 11:17:00AM

Posted by Jesse_Canadian_MMA

gotta go for Torres in this one, like what weight class did this guy fight at to be fighting and beating a guy who beat anderson silva and he himself won a decision over LHW Rafeal Calvancanti Feijao. So if hes beating 205ers Guillard is in trouble

He didn't beat the 205 Rafael Cavalcante. Azeredo has done more impressive things than beat the green Anderson Silva.

nickcuc547 » Posted 1/27/07 12:52:00PM

what happened to kj noons??

urbman » Posted 8/29/07 9:08:00PM

Posted by nickcuc547

what happened to kj noons??

I think he ducked the UFC.

bls1919 » Posted 6/25/07 1:09:00AM

Yeah i thoought KJ was going to have Guillard in his debut @ UFN 18. I see Torres coming in and going down. Guilards speed throughs guys off and they cant shoot properly. I wish it was K.J. catching this beatdown. but i guess we'll have to wait for that one.

Jackelope » Posted 1/30/07 10:59:00AM

The KJ Noons thing was an unfounded rumor.

Anyway, UFN 18 is getting STACKED IMO. Serious fights on that card with a lot of newcomers who will make bangs in their debuts

EvenFlow » Posted 11/9/08 6:40:00PM

They just keep setting up Melvin to fail against JJ fighters, good.

He's like the Soko of the LW division, not as dangerous after the 1st round.

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

great fight if torres puts him on the ground it's over

grimreaper » Posted 6/27/07 11:32:00PM

I'm a Melvin Guillard fan but this fight really worries me Nova Uniao has been producing submission beasts and FYI the Rafael Feijao he fought and the Rafael "Feijao" Cavalcante that fought in eilte xc are two different fighters the Feijao Torres fought was 0 and 3

[View Full Version of this Page]