MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Silva: ''If Machida Runs, I Run After Him   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
MMAcca » Posted 4/30/07 3:11:00PM

Thiago Silva hopes he can draw Lyoto Machida into standing and exchanging when they fight at UFC 94.

But the unbeaten American Top Team light-heavyweight says he is ready to go after his opponent should Machida prove as elusive as usual.

“He does not usually get drawn in to exchanging, but if he does [with me], I give thanks to God,” Silva told Tatame magazine today.

LINK

grappler0000 » Posted 3/24/07 5:29:00PM

" If he runs, I run after him.”

Famous last words.

Wolfenstein » Posted 12/13/07 3:31:00AM

Not sure it's the best strategy to run after a counter fighter. I'll go out on a limb and say this one isn't going to a decision.

crushedbacon » Posted 6/11/07 6:31:00PM

I said it a month ago, Thiago is gonna close the octagon off and turn this into a fight.....just because he's a counter striker doesn't mean you shouldn't attack Machida. The worst thing you can do in my opinion is stand and let Machida gauge your rhythm, distance and timing. Push the pace make him uncomfortable....I wanna see what Machida does with someone who is relentless and aggressive.....War Silva!

wrona666 » Posted 6/21/07 3:31:00PM

Sounds like a good way to get KO'ed....

jiujitsufreak74 » Posted 9/24/07 7:28:00PM

Posted by Wolfenstein

Not sure it's the best strategy to run after a counter fighter. I'll go out on a limb and say this one isn't going to a decision.

yeah as soon as i first heard about this match up i had Machida finishing. Silva is one of the most overrated fighters out there right now. people consider him to be top 10 even though he has never faced or beaten anyone close to the top 10. Thiago's words here only make me more confident, as he will walk into a trap he will not be ready for. go ahead Thiago, run after Machida so all the haters can eat crow when Machida gets a finish.

mentalcase » Posted 1/23/08 2:35:00AM

as soon as i read the title i thought of liddell vs babalu 2

originalconspiracy » Posted 7/27/07 4:40:00PM

machida will catch him with a headkick...ko

Red-Dragon » Posted 6/23/07 8:48:00AM

Posted by crushedbacon

I said it a month ago, Thiago is gonna close the octagon off and turn this into a fight.....just because he's a counter striker doesn't mean you shouldn't attack Machida. The worst thing you can do in my opinion is stand and let Machida gauge your rhythm, distance and timing. Push the pace make him uncomfortable....I wanna see what Machida does with someone who is relentless and aggressive.....War Silva!

If he rushes Machida he will end up with his back to the cage defending strikes every time.

XblacksheepX » Posted 5/6/07 6:11:00PM

ortiz was pushing the pace a lot and it didn't help at all... i thought silva would might have a better strategy than that.. like maybe take machida down and g'n'p or test his jits more. standupwise silva is just lacking tactics and timing to catch machida imo.

silva brings a good chin though so i'll go machida by decision.

Pyrenus » Posted 1/29/07 9:12:00AM

Chasing a counter striker doesn't seem like the best idea.

scoozna » Posted 1/25/07 12:53:00PM

I didn't gather from the article that running after Machida was part of a strategy of his, it sounded more like pre-fight tough talk.

Machida is proving to be quite an anomaly. Nobody seems to know how to approach a fight with him.

JimiMak » Posted 1/24/07 9:31:00PM

He's looking to get knocked out early.

tooly236 » Posted 9/4/08 6:50:00PM

Silva is way out of his league here, he is very stiff in the ring. Lyota will pick him apart all night, and I think he finishes him in the first round. Flame away, but Lyota is way to much for him.

BIGKAT » Posted 3/18/07 3:04:00AM

Posted by XblacksheepX

ortiz was pushing the pace a lot and it didn't help at all... i thought silva would might have a better strategy than that.. like maybe take machida down and g'n'p or test his jits more. standupwise silva is just lacking tactics and timing to catch machida imo.

silva brings a good chin though so i'll go machida by decision.

Maybe Silva just wants Machida to "think" that is what he's going to do...

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]