MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Neil Grove to make UFC debut against Justin McCully   [View Full Version]
Wolfenstein » Posted 12/13/07 3:31:00AM

Neil ‘Goliath’ Grove will make us UFC debut against Justin McCully at UFC 95 in London, Fighters Only has learned.

Sources close to the bout said that both fighters have agreed to the match, although it has yet to be officially added to the card.

link

Mayhem13 » Posted 6/28/07 1:10:00AM

I hope Grove wins this.

I'm not a big Mcully fan, and Grove is an exciting HW...that I would like to see matched-up with a few other guys (like hardonk)..so I hope he wins here

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

Yeah I hope Grove knocks McCully's block off.

MMAcca » Posted 4/30/07 3:11:00PM

Grove should win as long as it stays standing.

Jim_Dangle » Posted 11/28/08 11:17:00AM

McCully just did all that whining about adding a ridiculous weight class at 225 and now he gets to fight a truly humongous guy. Put in the work and make 205 or put on some lean mass, but don't request a lazy man's weight class to be added.

PABLOMAFIOSO » Posted 6/24/07 12:50:00PM

yeah grove is a monster and I think he is capable of success in the ufc. He has had some good knockouts. One thing that is questionable is his stamina though. I know he is huge but in his last fight he seemed to gas early in round 2. Can he hang with fighters like Kongo or Herring (fit, durable heavyweights) if they can avoid getting dropped in round 1?

Wolfenstein » Posted 12/13/07 3:31:00AM

I don't think Neil stands a chance. He's huge, and I think he's one of those few guys who has to cut to make 265, but he's not very athletic. His TD defense is poor, his hands are heavy but slow, and he keeps his guard around his chest with his hands far apart.

Before Cage Rage shut down I think he was calling out Mustapha Al-Turk and Kimbo.

I think McCully takes him down taps him early. As long as Justin avoids some big swings on the feet he shouldn't have much trouble.

ziegler3334 » Posted 8/3/08 7:10:00PM

I believe that grove's stand-up is much better than mccully's, and his size advantage will be huge.... but i hate taking a guy with little sub defense over a guy who is proficient with the ground game. We'll see when we get closer, but as of now im thinking mccully, 2nd round sub

Red-Dragon » Posted 6/23/07 8:48:00AM

Posted by ziegler3334

I believe that grove's stand-up is much better than mccully's, and his size advantage will be huge.... but i hate taking a guy with little sub defense over a guy who is proficient with the ground game. We'll see when we get closer, but as of now im thinking mccully, 2nd round sub

Well said.

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

i met justin at a hooters signing in dec in vegas
i asked him when he was fighting again he said feb when i said would it be against neil grove he gave me a smile and said maybe
great guy i can't say the same for tito man wait in line for 2 hours and he wouldn't sign anything no books, t shirts, hats, nothing but his pic

Playground_Samurai » Posted 1/28/07 4:36:00PM

Posted by Wolfenstein

I don't think Neil stands a chance.

I agree. Justin has proven himself against strikers with minimal ground game. Neil is just that. Unless Grove catches McCully with something big by chance, I think Justin wins a slow paced UD.

[View Full Version of this Page]