MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Surging Luiz Cane Eyes Spring Return   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
Wolfenstein » Posted 12/13/07 3:31:00AM

Elbow surgery has kept Cane (9-1, 1 NC) out of the Octagon since he throttled Sokoudjou over the course of two rounds at UFC 89 in October. Still, the 27-year-old Brazilian has emerged as a viable threat at 205 pounds. All nine of his wins have ended with a finish, eight of them by knockout or technical knockout.

Cane indicated he turned down the opportunity to fight in March, but he believes he will be at full strength soon. “I told them I’ll be ready to fight from April on,” he says. “I asked to come back later in order to have more time to recover.”

link

whardin19 » Posted 7/25/07 9:08:00PM

I can't wait to see this guy fight again. I've never see Luiz in a boring fight. Hopefully it's against a contender because he deserves the step up in competition.

ziegler3334 » Posted 8/3/08 7:10:00PM

I was very disappointed when cane finished soko, but i am slowly becoming a fan. He is an exciting fighter in the most exciting devision, so he'll make a lot of interesting match-ups. Can't wait for him to return.

gabe531 » Posted 6/2/07 12:26:00PM

shame that he couldnt do march, possibly throttling jardine would be a great addition to that card. plus could give him another boost up the rankings

theguido » Posted 12/30/07 1:04:00PM

I agree Luis has looked great he seems very well rounded any clue to who he's up against next?

wiggum » Posted 6/25/07 5:24:00PM

i was soo siked when the ufc picked this guy up...i new of him before hand cuz i actually was lucky enough to happen across a couple of his pre-ufc fights and was hooked on his style.......his striking is so pin point and powerful, and from a technique standpoint is ever-improving.....a lot of people dont know this, but he's a bjj black belt as well...he's almost in the thaigo silva mold, a bjj black belt with deadly striking...and from watching his earlier fights to now, he is rapidly improving, which is scary......and yeah, as the article points out, irvin i dont think was as hurt as he let on...i dont know why, usually the guy is a warrior

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

Vera or Jardine

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

sad to see him not on march card against jardine or lidell
april in montreal is possible

with this blow now i wonder who will fight lidell and jardine

boetsch is on the card might fight jardine now
it's slowly looking like a lidell vs wandy 2 but i am hoping shogun or coleman will come away alright and face lidell

Jim_Dangle » Posted 11/28/08 11:17:00AM

I'd rather he wait until April than destroy his elbow to please some fans.

EvenFlow » Posted 11/9/08 6:40:00PM

He'll KO anyone he fights next so I'm syked.

IriShame » Posted 3/25/08 7:48:00PM

Posted by wiggum

i was soo siked when the ufc picked this guy up...i new of him before hand cuz i actually was lucky enough to happen across a couple of his pre-ufc fights and was hooked on his style.......his striking is so pin point and powerful, and from a technique standpoint is ever-improving.....a lot of people dont know this, but he's a bjj black belt as well...he's almost in the thaigo silva mold, a bjj black belt with deadly striking...and from watching his earlier fights to now, he is rapidly improving, which is scary......and yeah, as the article points out, irvin i dont think was as hurt as he let on...i dont know why, usually the guy is a warrior

Apparently him and Thiago are old rivals in Brazil. I smell a future match up.

Mayhem13 » Posted 6/28/07 1:10:00AM

Damn. I would have loved to see him on the Columbus card to face Jardine.

But I would rather him heal up first.

Maybe have him fight Cantwell in April or May?

And maybe Jardine could fight Brian Stann, I forgot the ufc had him.

nickcuc547 » Posted 1/27/07 12:52:00PM

love to see him fight jardine or forrest, the guy's earned a big fight give it to him.

bls1919 » Posted 6/25/07 1:09:00AM

"Bahna" is one bad mother. This guys hit so hard it ridiculous. His striking in on point and is very aggressive. I can't wait to see him back in the octagon. I just hope he waits long enough for his elbow to heal properly. He should get one of the top guys that just lost recently IMO. Wandy, Forrest maybe? mayeb the loser of the Machida/Silva fight

Gipper » Posted 1/11/08 3:14:00PM

if t.silva beats machida which i think he will i'd love to see machida/cane.

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]