MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
DREAM To Host Featherweight & Welterweight Tournaments   [View Full Version]
DCRage » Posted 8/3/07 12:38:00PM

After the success of lightweight and middleweight tournaments in 2008, the Japanese-based DREAM organization will launch featherweight and welterweight tournaments this year. DREAM executives made the announcement earlier this week following its MMA/K-1 kickboxing card, FieLDS Dynamite!! 2008, which took place Dec. 31 at the Saitama Super Arena in Saitama, Japan. DREAM also plans 6 shows for 2009, but no dates have been announced.

Article

cmill21 » Posted 5/27/07 4:09:00PM

If Kid is healthy I hope the WEC will send guys, I'd like to see kid take on Faber, Brown and Garcia.

higdon10 » Posted 7/6/07 2:00:00PM

It would be awesome if the WEC would send guys, but it won't happen. Kid will steamroll everyone in the tournament(he likeley would run through the WEC guys too).

Wolfenstein » Posted 12/13/07 3:31:00AM

I love these tournaments. There's definetely a deep talent pool of FW's in Japan, but I'm not so sure about WW. It will be interesting to see who they can gather.

Pookie » Posted 4/8/07 11:48:00PM

Posted by Wolfenstein

I love these tournaments. There's definetely a deep talent pool of FW's in Japan, but I'm not so sure about WW. It will be interesting to see who they can gather.

, serious doubts on the WW tourny, but they may jus tpick up some elitexc talent

ohiostate1016 » Posted 9/20/07 12:33:00PM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by Wolfenstein

, serious doubts on the WW tourny, but they may jus tpick up some elitexc talent

Jake Shields?

loller90278 » Posted 1/16/07 3:05:00PM

the featherweight tournament would rock. lots of shooto guys, probably 1 WEC guy like benevidez, and some european fighters. hopefully kid can recover and join.. if not i'd root for tokoro. as inconsistant as he is, i cant not cheer for him

jae_1833 » Posted 7/19/07 11:27:00AM

So Sweet!!! I hope they grab up enough good talent.

bls1919 » Posted 6/25/07 1:09:00AM

Posted by higdon10

It would be awesome if the WEC would send guys, but it won't happen. Kid will steamroll everyone in the tournament(he likeley would run through the WEC guys too).

Right on , I can't see Zuffa sending it's best there to get run threw. IMO there will be a lot more japanese fighters in these tournaments.

Mchubb316 » Posted 2/14/07 2:00:00PM

I love hearing this. I do hope that these tournaments happen. I like the FW, and WW divisions, but it also gives us a chance to see other fighters filling out the cards, that we don't get to see on a regular basis. I hope Dream stays alive.

[View Full Version of this Page]