MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Wanderlei or Shogun could be in line for Chuck at 96   [View Full Version]
Wolfenstein » Posted 12/13/07 3:31:00AM

Speaking with CBS Sports, White explained:

β€œIt will not be Jardine. If (Mauricio Rua) Shogun defeats Mark Coleman in Ireland, it could be Shogun β€” or it could be Wanderlei (Silva).”

link

theguido » Posted 12/30/07 1:04:00PM

Give him Shogun thats the one I'd rather see right now.

MikeyG » Posted 7/23/08 2:20:00PM

Coming from a big fan of Wand I really want to see him avenge that loss to Chuck and I think Chuck is just asking for the wrong fights if he wants Shogun or Wand. If Shogun is back on form which it seems to be that way he will make work of Chuck unless he decides to use wrestling in which case I could see Chuck winning a decision.

ohiostate1016 » Posted 9/20/07 12:33:00PM

What if Coleman wins? Do we see Coleman/Chuck? Personally I'd be interested in seeing if Mark could get past that legendary sprawl. But once he couldn't, then Chuck would knock him out and it wouldn't really be interesting after that.

sparky » Posted 7/5/07 6:21:00PM

Chuck will KO ShoGun putting him right back on track in my opinion. Id love to see Chcuk vs Wandy again but after that KO I dont see Wandy being ready to go. So im thinking it will be Chuck vs ShoGun. As for the whole Coleman thing that will never happen.

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

I dont see Chuck facing either of these guys, because wandy just got KO'ed. Plus I dont want to see that rematch so soon.

Then Shogun still has to face Coleman and then recover who just came off the knee surgery.

Jardine rematch? No
Couture? No
Vera? Probably
Winner or loser of Silva/Machida? Maybe
Forrest? that would sell
Bonnar? prolly not
Luiz Cane? more no
Franklin? Maybe...idk

ThaAxeMurderer7 » Posted 1/16/08 9:55:00PM

Well, Wanderlei is suspended until February 27th with no contact until February 12th. Seeing as 96 is the first Saturday in March, I would rule him out. As far as Shogun goes, he still has to fight. Let him take care of Coleman and then talk about him and Chuck.

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

neither one will be ready watch

i think chuck should have faced luis cane or tim boetsch alexander
i say move chuck to april and have big nog vs randy fight

JulesWinnfield » Posted 10/11/08 10:13:00PM

Are Chuck and Wandy done?

That is the question. Shogun will get past Coleman, he could come into the fight in the same shape he was vs. Forrest and still beat Coleman.

But, Chuck is lookin' over the hill. The relies on reflexes and counter punching too much, the age is not helping..And Wand, is looking "not lucky" lately. Maybe Rampage was right when he said Wand's time is up. You need to be more then just a straight forward brawler.

[View Full Version of this Page]