MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Bob Sapp Returns To MMA On NYE (*UPDATED*)   [View Full Version]
MMAcca » Posted 4/30/07 3:11:00PM

K-1 on Monday announced that Bob Sapp will make his return to Japan one year to the day of his last appearance.

Adding him to the Fields Dynamite!! New Year's Eve event at the Saitama Super Arena in Saitama, Japan, Sapp will face the mysterious Kinniku Mantaro in a mixed martial arts bout. Little is known about Mantaro and even the K-1 announcement contained no information about him.

EDIT: Kinniku Mantaro is actually the name of a Japanese anime character. NightmareOfBattle.com is reporting that the true name of the person facing Sapp on New Year's Eve is Akihito Tanaka, a seven-time All Japan Wrestling champion. The bout with Sapp is being sponsored by the creators of the Japanese anime that features Kinniku Mantaro and Tanaka will actually wear a mask of the character when he fights.

LINK

RearNakedJoke » Posted 8/11/08 6:25:00PM

Kinniku Mantaro is the 59th prince of Planet Muscle (Planet Kinniku) and son of the first Kinnikuman, Suguru Muscle and Belinda Bibinba. Raised during times of peace, he is a spoiled, cowardly, lazy teenager, much like his father was except with more emphasis on cowardice and less on clumsiness.

sounds like a tough opponent for sapp imo.

LINK

He usually start matches off in a cowardly state, only managing to get a few good moves in due to luck.

That was my favourite bit

cowcatcher » Posted 1/16/07 1:02:00AM

......and 18 japanese people cared

i have to admit to being a fan of the "freak show" type guys too though, and i always find myself cheering for sapp, except against CC.

jahdoug » Posted 6/22/07 12:02:00PM

I will have to finally retire my avatar if Sapp can't beat a cartoon.

bigbubbano23 » Posted 10/26/07 10:31:00PM

sapp needs to beat this guy, and restore some of his tenacity.

xtra_chewy » Posted 5/17/07 3:16:00AM

Posted by MMAcca

OMG, finally my dreams have come true......

ncordless » Posted 4/8/07 11:09:00PM

Posted by xtra_chewy

Posted by MMAcca

He is going to wear that mask when he fights? If this match isn't a complete work then it at least will be a chance for Sapp to pick up a win against handicapped competition.

Posted by ncordless

Posted by xtra_chewy

Posted by MMAcca

He is going to wear that mask when he fights? If this match isn't a complete work then it at least will be a chance for Sapp to pick up a win against handicapped competition.

yep

loller90278 » Posted 1/16/07 3:05:00PM

i knew it! after this, sapp will fight kimbo

!!!!!

JimiMak » Posted 1/24/07 9:31:00PM

Jeezuz, this is retarded. I hope under that he has more of a Mexican wrestling type of mask for the match. This is prob'ly a work, but c'mon that's just stupid.

See Sapp's opponent in action HERE.

JimiMak » Posted 1/24/07 9:31:00PM

Posted by MMAcca

Don't get me wrong, I love M.U.S.C.L.E., I had a whole set as a kid. I just don't think it's an effective fighting style

ncordless » Posted 4/8/07 11:09:00PM

Posted by MMAcca

Doesn't look like he has very good head movement or much in the way of a submission game. The laser coming out of his mohawk/scalp thing might be pretty effective against Sapp. If he can use it to keep distance and wear Bobby down and then go for that suplex thing he did he might win this fight.

[View Full Version of this Page]