MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
TUF 6 fighter Tommy Speer retires   [View Full Version]
Shawn91111 » Posted 9/21/07 2:56:00AM

Its a bit late but I couldnt find it posted....

"The Ultimate Fighter 6" runner-up Tommy Speer may be choosing a life on the farm over one inside a cage.
Speer, after a majority decision loss on Saturday, told the Virginian-Pilot that he’s done fighting.

Link

MMAcca » Posted 4/30/07 3:11:00PM

Shame

TheNatural915 » Posted 11/14/08 3:23:00PM

Doesn't matter, Tommy was a good fighter with a bad training camp, he did most of his training on the farm. He he trained with someone good he could be great.

wiggum » Posted 6/25/07 5:24:00PM

yep/....and his stand up was extremely poor.....if he just got a boxing and bjj instructor, he could start making some waves, let alone a good camp....oh well, when your heart isnt in it, your not gonna win

drightler » Posted 12/19/08 12:26:00PM

He backed off on the retirement talk... follow the link:

Speer reneges on retirement talk

higdon10 » Posted 7/6/07 2:00:00PM

He's a bum. He's a strong wrestler but thats it. If he continues to fight he will never be UFC caliber.

Solidus » Posted 4/24/07 7:39:00PM

In that last interview he says he needs to work on his wrestling more...I hope he doesnt believe he can get by on wrestling alone.

postman » Posted 6/23/07 7:57:00PM

I thought he was training with HIT squad

motorboatensob » Posted 1/29/07 3:59:00PM

Posted by higdon10

He's a bum. He's a strong wrestler but thats it. If he continues to fight he will never be UFC caliber.

And how many former and current UFC champs were nothing more than strong wrestlers when they started. Being a strong wrestler is one of if not the best base you can have in MMA.

thefightexpo » Posted 12/19/08 9:42:00PM

its a great base but if anything thats his strengh now what he needs to work on

F--K_Luck_AuH2O » Posted 8/29/07 6:36:00PM

I find it funny how he beat War Machine, Saunders, and Gerogie (all of who had sucess in the UFC) yet couldn't have sucess himself.

holt8081 » Posted 6/25/07 12:06:00AM

that was quick

Rollins » Posted 1/25/07 7:02:00PM

Posted by higdon10

A bum? really? A farmer and a young aspiring fighter that's nowhere near where he could be if he dedicated himself full time in the proper training atmosphere would be a better choice of words. When you call a fighter a bum you need to ask yourself..What has he done so wrong to be deserving of this treatment from someone I would bet my left nut is an absolute nobody in the MMA world? As well as: Can I do better? What's my record?

Not doging on you because I've probably done same thing at some point in the past but I don't think he is deserving of this label. I'll just assume you don't personally find him exciting or talented and used the wrong choice of words to get this point across.

[View Full Version of this Page]