MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > MMA General > UFC Forum
Who pays for Corey Hill's recovery?   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
MMAcca » Posted 4/30/07 3:11:00PM

Dana White spoke on the topic on local Las Vegas radio:

"Corey Hill is still in the hospital. He had surgery, they put a plate in his leg. We paid for all that. We covered all those expenses. He'll go into rehab, we'll pay for that too."

LINK

People can hate on Dana all day long for me, but you can't deny he looks after his fighters.

ohiostate1016 » Posted 9/20/07 12:33:00PM

I'm not a Dana hater, but perhaps the possibility of being sued influenced his decision a little here.

Bowen50 » Posted 6/21/07 12:42:00PM

Posted by ohiostate1016

I'm not a Dana hater, but perhaps the possibility of being sued influenced his decision a little here.

i guarantee no fighter can sue the company for getting hurt in the octagon. there is definitely something in every fighters contract saying you can't sue if you get hurt in the cage. it's honestly just part of the sport, no one comes out of a fight un-scaved. Props to Dana

postman » Posted 6/23/07 7:57:00PM

Posted by Bowen50

Posted by ohiostate1016

i guarantee no fighter can sue the company for getting hurt in the octagon. there is definitely something in every fighters contract saying you can't sue if you get hurt in the cage. it's honestly just part of the sport, no one comes out of a fight un-scaved. Props to Dana

On the same note there is prob something in the contract saying the UFC will cover expenses for any injury sustained in the cage.

cmill21 » Posted 5/27/07 4:09:00PM

And if your injured in the NHL they pay for your recovery and you still get your salary. Don't see what the big deal is, should be this way.

DCRage » Posted 8/3/07 12:38:00PM

Probably that he's still out 12-18 months, has a family to support, and may have trouble getting a job on the side to pay the other bills/expenses. Maybe they need to talk to Dana about getting that insurance...they need to cue the duck..."AFLAC!"

ohiostate1016 » Posted 9/20/07 12:33:00PM

Posted by postman

Posted by Bowen50

Posted by ohiostate1016

On the same note there is prob something in the contract saying the UFC will cover expenses for any injury sustained in the cage.

I was assuming that most people knew there was an injury clause in contracts. I was trying to say that Dana would get sued if he broke the contract, not because Hill got hurt.

aaa9erh8er » Posted 10/28/07 4:52:00PM

Posted by cmill21

And if your injured in the NHL they pay for your recovery and you still get your salary. Don't see what the big deal is, should be this way.

that it should be this way but how much should be one way but isnt. i say props to zuffa as a whole on this one

decken » Posted 8/20/07 11:53:00AM

Posted by DCRage

Probably that he's still out 12-18 months, has a family to support, and may have trouble getting a job on the side to pay the other bills/expenses. Maybe they need to talk to Dana about getting that insurance...they need to cue the duck..."AFLAC!"

Sadly Aflac does not cover fight in a cage. I have it and that is one of the things it will not cover. I can't remember what the others were.

DCRage » Posted 8/3/07 12:38:00PM

That's bogus...oh well, was worth a try anyway considering they give you cash, which as Yogi says "is just as good as money". It certainly would've helped cover some of Corey's other expenses.

aaa9erh8er » Posted 10/28/07 4:52:00PM

dc brought up a good point paying the bills aside how is he gonna live. how much was his purse for the fight. will it last the 12-18 months untill he can fight.i didnt think of that. hopefully the ufc has some aflca type thing

Wolfenstein » Posted 12/13/07 3:31:00AM

I think that's what the Corey Hill fund is for. To help him and his family survive these 12-18 months until he can fight again. Most likely his gym will help him out as well...hopefully...and recoup the money when he's back in action.

slapshot » Posted 6/22/07 2:16:00PM

Well first off you can sue regardless of a contract, the question is will the judge decide to tossed it out right away or hear arguments.

You can never sign away any of your rights not that that directly apply's to this but its worth stating.

Ill give you a legitimate case where a fighter could sue the UFC. If a fighter goes into a fight and half way into the fight he gets pushed up against the cage and for some reason the cage gives way and in the fall he has some type of permanent damage lest say its his eye, he not only could sue but he would probibly win. I dont think it would ever come to that because the UFC would most likely settle out of court.

what about Workmans comp or dissablity, LOL.

MMA » Posted 1/13/07 11:38:00AM

Posted by postman

Posted by Bowen50

Posted by ohiostate1016

If that is the case, why did Kalib run for 15min instead of fighting on the broken foot and then getting covered by the UFC?

haggiswashere » Posted 7/30/07 3:48:00PM

I bet these guys are insanely expensive to insure if they do....

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]