MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > MMA General > General MMA Talk
Hansen vs Cavalcante II-Who takes it?   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
Franklinfan47 » Posted 5/20/07 4:03:00PM

Very excited for this one. DREAM LW GP winner vs up-and-coming lw star. Both are very exciting fighters to say the least. Hansen took the first fight by a decision, which makes me wonder what JZs strategy will be this time around.

Personally, I'm taking Joachim Hansen by another decision in this one. He's looked great lately and f'n crushed Aoki in their last fight. Should be a great fight though.

Bowen50 » Posted 6/21/07 12:42:00PM

i'm also taking Hansen but for some reason i think he might end it with a TKO.

copcopps » Posted 4/4/08 4:46:00PM

Hansen by Decision like last time

tepid55 » Posted 2/4/07 2:11:00PM

I think JZ Calvancante will win because he's a much better fighter than he was when he and Hansen fought last.

loller90278 » Posted 1/16/07 3:05:00PM

jz will out wrestle hansen to gain top position most of the fight (hansen doesnt mind being on his back, maybe one of his downfalls i guess) and get a decision

jiujitsufreak74 » Posted 9/24/07 7:28:00PM

Posted by loller90278

jz will out wrestle hansen to gain top position most of the fight (hansen doesnt mind being on his back, maybe one of his downfalls i guess) and get a decision

it isn't a downfall in K-1. if Hansen is doing more to finish the fight he will win a 3-0 decision against JZ, even if he is on his back for the majority of the fight. (which is what i think will happen)

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Posted by loller90278

it isn't a downfall in K-1. if Hansen is doing more to finish the fight he will win a 3-0 decision against JZ, even if he is on his back for the majority of the fight. (which is what i think will happen)

yeah, i know, by jz is too slick to be caught in most subs, and you can bet he will be reigning down bombs and GnP'ing

i think that any top wrestler will negate the skills of any BJJ practitioner

Jackelope » Posted 1/30/07 10:59:00AM

Posted by loller90278

A case can be made on both sides of this coin. Let's not go there because it's an endless debate

Wolfenstein » Posted 12/13/07 3:31:00AM

Oh boy, that quote is just a can of worms waiting to be opened. I'll abstain from it, just to keep the topic on point, but my fingers are screaming "Defend BJJ damn you!"

I don't think there's going to be much of a ground war here. More likely Gesias keeps the fight standing and uses his slight edge on the feet. He has to stay off the mat because Joachim will outwork him, but not submit him.

Pookie » Posted 4/8/07 11:48:00PM

Gesias takes this fight by being better in all areas and positions.

Posted by Wolfenstein

Oh boy, that quote is just a can of worms waiting to be opened. I'll abstain from it, just to keep the topic on point, but my fingers are screaming "Defend BJJ damn you!"

I don't think there's going to be much of a ground war here. More likely Gesias keeps the fight standing and uses his slight edge on the feet. He has to stay off the mat because Joachim will outwork him, but not submit him.

haha, i am from a bjj pedigree as well, never really wrestled. and i anger myself when i make that statement, but i believe it to be true. the only recent wrestler i can see getting subbed was lesner by mir, bu that's about it. i honestly dont see guys like tyson griffin, clay guida, etc getting subbed.

Gerbain » Posted 7/15/07 5:03:00AM

Hansen by tko late in rd 1

cmill21 » Posted 5/27/07 4:09:00PM

JZ will win via TKO.

Mayhem13 » Posted 6/28/07 1:10:00AM

Hansen by SD

...but I want JZ to win

MikeyG » Posted 7/23/08 2:20:00PM

J.Z. Cavalcante by submission.

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]