MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Justin McCully Trains with Al "Stankie" Stankiewicz for Upcoming Bout   [View Full Version]
Wolfenstein » Posted 12/13/07 3:31:00AM

McCully said he went back to basics in his training with the now-famous Al "Stankie" Stankiewicz in preparation for his bout with Eddie Sanchez (8-2 MMA, 3-2 UFC).

"I didn't necessarily make any adjustments," McCully said. "But I brought in one of my old boxing trainers, Al 'Stankie.' So I've been hitting my cardio a little bit harder. My boxing, my hands, my wrestling, it's all good.

link

jakeiceman » Posted 4/24/07 5:18:00AM

McCully just does not excite me in the slightest, or Sanchez for that matter....I think this is a gatekeeper battle for sure.

DCRage » Posted 8/3/07 12:38:00PM

Good for McCully. Now remember to bring Stankie with you to cageside for the fight.

bls1919 » Posted 6/25/07 1:09:00AM

I think McCully should be able to out wrestle sanchez and sub him early. Both guys haven't shown much excitment but i think McCully will bring the pain!!

kasual » Posted 6/4/07 9:53:00PM

That's cool for him. He could definitely use the win, the way the UFC has been cutting them left right and centre, who knows who's next. Don't see too much interest in this match as a whole, for the first time in years the heavyweight division is exciting and it's certainly not because of guys like this. Come to think of it, I don't know a single Punishment guy that has been impressive.

[View Full Version of this Page]