MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > MMA General > General MMA Talk
Brian Bowles- Wagnney Fabiano   [View Full Version]
Franklinfan47 » Posted 5/20/07 4:03:00PM

How bout this kid last night, what a competitor. I think he looks better with every fight. He was taking it to a former olympic boxer in the stand up and has one of the best guillotines ive ever seen. I don't think he'd be able to dethrone Torres, but man what a great fight that would be!

Fabiano, on the other hand, I was a little disapointed with. I thought he was going to win a little more dominantly, but Tamura's a gamer so its still an impressive win. Lots of possible great fights at 145 right now. Which makes me wonder why they're pitting faber against pulver again

MALICE » Posted 9/17/07 10:04:00PM

Bowles looked very good last night. This kid has all of the tools. Right now I don't think he could beat Torres, but he will definitely make it a very interesting fight.

I was also disappointed with Fabiano. I just think he needed to work the GnP more in rounds 1 and 2. If he had that, I think he could have finished it much sooner.

gartface » Posted 7/29/07 7:00:00PM

Posted by xxMALICExx

Bowles looked very good last night. This kid has all of the tools. Right now I don't think he could beat Torres, but he will definitely make it a very interesting fight.

I was also disappointed with Fabiano. I just think he needed to work the GnP more in rounds 1 and 2. If he had that, I think he could have finished it much sooner.

To be honest Fabiano looked a lot like Aoki on the ground. Aoki works a sub until he gets it whether he's on the top or bottom, with using limited ground and pound. Fabiano did the same thing. He was working for that arm triangle all match, and finally got it in the third. Much like Aoki did against Nagata with the gogoplata from mount.

RiseUp21 » Posted 6/9/08 9:45:00AM

bowles continues to impress me every time i see him fight. what a chin that guy has. as for fabiano, i think it was one of those things where he was facing someone good enough on the ground to be able to neutralize him. its not common for him to be in that situation, im sure. hopefully his next opponent will allow for a more exciting fight, which i think tamura could have done had he been more offensive.

higdon10 » Posted 7/6/07 2:00:00PM

Bowles is a stud. He is a serious threat to the 135 lb. title. As for Fabiano, I wasn't impressed, but he did fight a very game opponent.

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

I think bowles is getting the next title shot.

Fabiano didnt look impressive and i think his opponent just gave up at the end of the round and gave up the submission to get out of the fight like junie didnt with efrain.

ajorton » Posted 11/16/08 11:22:00AM

I personally want to see Bowles vs Benavidez

RiseUp21 » Posted 6/9/08 9:45:00AM

Posted by ajorton

different weight classes but could be interesting if it ever happened for whatever reason. i wouldnt be too surprised though if Benavidez did drop to 135 to avoid having to fight his training partner, Urijah.

Pookie » Posted 4/8/07 11:48:00PM

Posted by RiseUp21

Posted by ajorton

different weight classes but could be interesting if it ever happened for whatever reason. i wouldnt be too surprised though if Benavidez did drop to 135 to avoid having to fight his training partner, Urijah.

Im pretty sure he at least has foughten at 135 before... i remember they were going to set him up against Kid at 135.

dannyfrank » Posted 5/10/08 8:43:00PM

bowles was definitely impressive in his fight and i think he could give torres a run for his money

the problem with fabiano was that he was just so set on getting the sub that he just refused to do any GnP, which really slowed the fight down a bit. that isnt necessarily a bad thing, but a lot of people dont have the patience to watch a match like that

Wolf » Posted 1/14/07 11:32:00PM

Benividez is definitely a bantamweight. I also don't think Bowles should fight him next. Bowles has earned the title shot, and Benividez is new to the org. Benividez doesn't look anymore impressive in his first fight than Bowles did in his. Let Benividez work his way up.

[View Full Version of this Page]