MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Dan Hardy vs. Rory Markham not official for UFC 95   [View Full Version]
MMAcca » Posted 4/30/07 3:11:00PM

A rumored welterweight matchup between Dan Hardy and Rory Markham that would place at UFC 95 at the O2 Arena in London on Feb. 17 has gained a lot of traction on various Internet news outlets over the course of the last week.

Despite the high level of speculation surrounding the proposed matchup, FiveOuncesOfPain.com learned Friday evening that the fight is not yet official.

A source close to Markham confirmed to Five Ounces of Pain that a bout with Hardy was indeed offered and that Markham signed the bout agreement. However, the source added that they were informed by the UFC that the bout wouldn’t be official until Hardy signed and that an executed agreement for the fight has not been returned. Markham’s camp is not entirely certain that Hardy will sign the contract.

LINK

Wolfenstein » Posted 12/13/07 3:31:00AM

I don't know why Markham's camp thinks Hardy won't sign on. On paper it seems like the ideal matchup for Hardy. Two guys that like to bang on their feet. I think the Militech camp is jumping the gun because he hasn't signed off right away, but when all is said and done I think it will be a done deal.

MMAcca » Posted 4/30/07 3:11:00PM

Markham is scared.

Hardy comes to fight and will beat Rory

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

rory doesnt want to fight overseas

Jesse_Canadian_MMA » Posted 1/11/08 5:48:00PM

Dan Hardy all the way, Maybe Hardy doenst want to sign because what a waste of time wasnt he originally supposed to fight Karo or something?

jae_1833 » Posted 7/19/07 11:27:00AM

I've seen Rory in a lot of stand up wars too....this would be a great match up, maybe he's just stirring up the pot to intice Hardy to sign.

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

it will be i hope it will be on main card
should be great

[View Full Version of this Page]