MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Terry Martin vs. Scott Smith added to "Strikeforce: Destruction"   [View Full Version]
babalu2720 » Posted 2/1/07 8:55:00PM

Strikeforce has added a middleweight bout between Scott Smith (13-5) and Terry Martin (18-5) to next week's "Strikeforce: Destruction" event.

Strikeforce spokesperson Mike Afromowitz today confirmed reports of the bout with MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) and said the fight will appear on the HDNet-televised main card. The fight, though, will not headline the event and is instead expected to get co-main-event status.

"Strikeforce: Destruction" takes place Nov. 21 at the HP Pavilion in San Jose, Calif.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/13252/terry-martin-vs-scott-smith-added-to-strikeforce-destruction.mma

jae_1833 » Posted 7/19/07 11:27:00AM

Nice match up.....let's hope Scott gets that highlight reel KO victory!!

Khaos » Posted 6/27/07 8:20:00PM

Posted by jae_1833

Nice match up.....let's hope Scott gets that highlight reel KO victory!!

Spot on

Beardotheweirdo » Posted 1/31/07 1:38:00PM

Awesome.

This is a very good addition to the card.

I got Smith 3rd KO

EvenFlow » Posted 11/9/08 6:40:00PM

It will either be a brutal KO or a boring decision, my prediction is a KO probably for Smith.

Wolfenstein » Posted 12/13/07 3:31:00AM

I really like Scott Smith. For once I'm actually glad a fighter I like is no longer in the UFC. In the UFC he would be up against a division of wrestlers and probably get dominated routinely, but outside the organization he can match up with other strikers willing to exchange. Just like this one.

jakeiceman » Posted 4/24/07 5:18:00AM

Posted by Wolfenstein

I really like Scott Smith. For once I'm actually glad a fighter I like is no longer in the UFC. In the UFC he would be up against a division of wrestlers and probably get dominated routinely, but outside the organization he can match up with other strikers willing to exchange. Just like this one.

I really like Scott Smith as well, I see him knocking Martin out cold

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

Yeah I think Smith will have a reach advantage and quickness on his side to pick apart martin like stick and move. Martin will gas and "hands of steel" tko's martin late in the second or middle of the third.

[View Full Version of this Page]