MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Dana Now Considers Carano-Cyborg For WEC   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
DCRage » Posted 8/3/07 12:38:00PM

And the tables have turned yet again. Over the last 2 weeks Dana White has significantly softened his stance on promoting a Gina Carano-Cristiane Santos fight, with Dana now saying he's not opposed to doing it. As long as it's in WEC.

Article

emfleek » Posted 11/18/07 4:54:00PM

Nice. This would probably go on a PPV card, though. I won't drop money on a WEC pay-per-view, personally.

gabe531 » Posted 6/2/07 12:26:00PM

hope it happens. gina is a good talent and very hot. i think it would be ppv too but i would watch it since prolly have torres,condit,faber also on the card. and likely wouldnt be 50bux

ohiostate1016 » Posted 9/20/07 12:33:00PM

How about Condit to the UFC? There's a fella right now in the UFC that will probably eventually drop to 170 that would be a great matchup for Condit, and his name is Denis Kang. But that's just my opinion.

As far as Carano/Cyborg goes, I'd love to see this fight, and I'd probably pay for a WEC PPV card to see it. As long as I also get to see Brown/Faber and Condit and Torres.

McBee » Posted 4/15/07 3:21:00AM

he is softening because one of the Fertitas said they were trying to get it done so shut your big mouth about it not being something you "condone"

gsquat » Posted 11/15/07 5:00:00PM

Definitely wouldn't pay to see it, but it would be a good fight. Tough to call.

Posted by McBee

he is softening because one of the Fertitas said they were trying to get it done so shut your big mouth about it not being something you "condone"

Not sure who you're talking to but I would take this as a warning with regards to rule 1:

1. Do not engage in name-calling, threats, exchanges of insults, or intentionally rude behavior towards fellow members. It's 100% fine and normal that you don't agree with another member's comments, and it's completely fine to state that when done without insults. People may post things that are common knowledge, are answered in a pinned topic, or have already been posted many times before. If you care to reply, do so without the use of profanity or a condescending tone. It's old-fashioned, but remember your parents saying "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all". The purpose of having an online community is to have a place for a close-knit group of fans to talk about the things they love (in this case, MMA).

Aaronno9 » Posted 10/10/07 2:09:00PM

I dont want to see this fight. I would like to see Cyborg mauling away at Ginas pretty face.

Wolfenstein » Posted 12/13/07 3:31:00AM

I think McBee was reffering to Dana's previous stance, and not to any specific member.

Glad to hear it. The ratings on CBS tell the whole story. People are interested in woman's MMA, especially when a fighter is attractive. I don't think they should start doing woman's MMA in the UFC, but in the WEC it's perfect.

McBee » Posted 4/15/07 3:21:00AM

Posted by Wolfenstein

I think McBee was reffering to Dana's previous stance, and not to any specific member.

Glad to hear it. The ratings on CBS tell the whole story. People are interested in woman's MMA, especially when a fighter is attractive. I don't think they should start doing woman's MMA in the UFC, but in the WEC it's perfect.

Thanks man, yeah I was using my imagination and wisking myself off to the UFC headquarters to witness a phone conversation between Dana and the Fertitas. I probably watched too much Reading Rainbow as a kid.

jae_1833 » Posted 7/19/07 11:27:00AM

Great idea, I would even suggest that the WEC makes up 2 different womens weight Divs to make up for the loss of the MWs and LHWs. I would further suggest to keep it free, but change stations to Sike like the UFC is to help ratings. Then if it picks up enough speed I would go to the PPV buys.

Another thing I'd like to see for this fight that was suggested on another site is that it be a fight with 5-minute rounds, not 3 minutes. I still am very much for women getting 5 minute rounds instead of 3, they are more than capable of it and with 3 minute rounds like we've seen in the past, it just started getting exciting then boom-round's over.

MMAcca » Posted 4/30/07 3:11:00PM

This can only be a good thing for women's MMA

Red-Dragon » Posted 6/23/07 8:48:00AM

Posted by McBee

Posted by Wolfenstein

Thanks man, yeah I was using my imagination and wisking myself off to the UFC headquarters to witness a phone conversation between Dana and the Fertitas. I probably watched too much Reading Rainbow as a kid.

I understood what you meant

Solidus » Posted 4/24/07 7:39:00PM

Posted by gabe531

hope it happens. gina is a good talent and very hot. i think it would be ppv too but i would watch it since prolly have torres,condit,faber also on the card. and likely wouldnt be 50bux

Not surprising coming from someone with a Gina avatar.

....oh wait

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]