MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Faber Wants Another Shot   [View Full Version]
MMAcca » Posted 4/30/07 3:11:00PM

Since the purchase of World Extreme Cagefighting by Zuffa in 2006, “The California Kid” Urijah Faber had become the top star in the promotion because of his exciting style and relentless aggression, but on Wednesday night the king dropped his crown as Faber lost his 145lb title to Mike Brown.
After the fight was over, Faber made no excuses for the loss, which was on the 2nd of his career and the first loss for him since September 2005.

“Unfortunate, lost the belt tonight, got caught with a solid punch and TKO’ed first round,” Faber stated. “I’d rather go out in a blaze of glory than wither away. I’ll be back, I’ll be back for sure.”

Following his performance, Faber had a chance to review the fight tape and also stated that he hasn’t been rocked in a fight like that since the only other loss in his professional career to Tyson Griffin.

LINK

gartface » Posted 7/29/07 7:00:00PM

I find it so difficult to not like this guy. Aside from maybe Rich Franklin this guy is the most humble and honest guy I've heard talk after losing his belt for the first time.

Gipper » Posted 1/11/08 3:14:00PM

props to faber for going out trying to do something crazy. i have more respect for him now then i did last week. he deserves another shot. i think the loss will be good for him in the long run. also props to brown. what a tough fuker. can't wait to see brown-garcia it's going to be a war.

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

so who see's faber getting an immediate rematch against brown or does faber face the winner of garcia vs brown? Or does faber fight someone else then have to win then a title shot?

Im thinking immediate because he is the biggest star in WEC or he will wait out the winner of Brown/Gracia.

bullettdodger » Posted 8/26/07 10:38:00PM

I would be interested in a Pulver Faber rematch and then put the winner of that against the winner of Brown Garcia

The_Italian_Stallion » Posted 5/13/08 4:43:00PM

I really like Faber and I agree with the post above me... A Faber Pulver rematch for the winner of Brown/Garcia is the best road....

But I think Faber is going to get an immediate rematch probably directly after Brown is cleared to fight... And he's going to win because for all the credit I give Brown after that great performance I think it was a huge fluke. At least he got his five minutes of fame and the biggest win of his career on his record forever.

loonytnt » Posted 7/9/07 11:43:00AM

did pulver lose? if so that would not work

dannyfrank » Posted 5/10/08 8:43:00PM

Posted by bullettdodger

I would be interested in a Pulver Faber rematch and then put the winner of that against the winner of Brown Garcia

i like that idea a lot. i dont think faber's next fight should be a rematch against brown, but i also think that garcia deserves a shot at the title right now

bigbubbano23 » Posted 10/26/07 10:31:00PM

wow didn't see that comin

Bobby-B-Bonkers » Posted 10/20/08 3:21:00PM

Why not have Faber vs Garcia and the winner gets Brown?

WEC should throw Cub Swanson a bone and let him have a rematch with Pulver. Jens got him early and it wasnt lucky. I just like Cub is all.

[View Full Version of this Page]