MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Women's MMA Finding New Life in Japan?   [View Full Version]
MMAcca » Posted 4/30/07 3:11:00PM

GCM's Valkyrie, which will hold its first card on Nov. 8, will not be the only all-female fight promotion in Japan, as from the ashes of Smackgirl, newly formed parent company Marvelous Japan has announced its own upstart organization, Jewels.

Yuichi Ozono, an executive from Japanese event production company Archery Inc. will lead Marvelous Japan. After learning of the languishing Smackgirl and its business woes, Ozono formed Marvelous Japan and acquired the assets and rights formerly belonging to Smackgirl parent company Kilgore.

"I always liked the martial arts, especially Smackgirl, and when I read that they were in trouble, I wanted to find out the truth," Ozono said. "I met with [former Smackgirl President Motoki] Shino and heard that it was impossible for the promotion to continue, so I proposed to him to let me take over the promotion. After several discussions, we reached an agreement, and he gave me the management team of Smackgirl."

LINK

jahdoug » Posted 6/22/07 12:02:00PM

does anyone have a means to watch these except for the odd youtube vid?

4u2nv » Posted 5/12/08 12:26:00PM

Posted by jahdoug

does anyone have a means to watch these except for the odd youtube vid?

Good point! and even then u can only watch it till someone takes it down. then ur crap outta luck. lol

bullettdodger » Posted 8/26/07 10:38:00PM

Women's MMA= in my book anyway

[View Full Version of this Page]