MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Raw Combat ‘Redemption’: Denis Kang vs Marvin Eastman (video)   [View Full Version]
MMAcca » Posted 4/30/07 3:11:00PM

LINK

RMFG_187 » Posted 6/25/07 4:06:00AM

Nice. I love Eastman, but hes gettin to old.

Kang on a sick KO.

D0wnUnd6e6r » Posted 9/13/07 5:12:00PM

im just hoping that the kang hype doesnt come back after people see this KO cause like this guy said... eastman is way to old for this now, and I HAVE NOT BEEN IMPRESSED with Kang's performance at all since he started out. sure he's great against old guys and cans, but you can't give him actual real competition or he fails to come thru...ok he beat rua and gono...big deal, horwich beat rua too

PaleHorse » Posted 7/24/07 5:30:00PM

You should watch more Denis Kang fights, losing to Mousasi isn't exactly a huge blow because everyone is losing to him right now, Kang is a great fighter and still a top 10 185er easy.

Rush » Posted 1/31/07 10:42:00PM

Posted by PaleHorse

You should watch more Denis Kang fights, losing to Mousasi isn't exactly a huge blow because everyone is losing to him right now, Kang is a great fighter and still a top 10 185er easy.

I was about to say the same thing.

Take Kang's last ten fights. 3 of the are losses.

1 - Mousasi - The guy that won the Dream GP with wins over Jacare and Manhoef (24-2)

2- Akiyama - a guy that is in a lot of top tens right now 12-1 with his only loss coming from JLB who is a much bigger guy.

3-Misaki a guy whose record has to be taken with a grain of salt. Sure he is 21-8, but almost all of his losses are to guys considered in the top 10 (if not top 5) of their respective divisions.

Kang has notable wins (in his last 10 fights) over

1- Gono (underrated fighter IMO)
2-Suloev (another underrated fighter that has some notable wins)
3-Ninja

Kang does have to be more consistent before he gets into a top org, but he has the tools to be great. Hopefully he can prove that he doesn't have the curse of Jonathan Goulet, where you KO guys in smaller orgs in the first round, but can't string more than 2 wins together fighting in bigger orgs.

CantAndleDaRiddum » Posted 12/14/07 5:25:00PM

kang still doesnt impress me

he looked good in that one, but who doesnt look good against Eastman

cmill21 » Posted 5/27/07 4:09:00PM

Remember, his wife passed away recently, I would take his past few losses(against top comp) with a grain of salt considering what he's been through.

Rush » Posted 1/31/07 10:42:00PM

Posted by CantAndleDaRiddum

kang still doesnt impress me

he looked good in that one, but who doesnt look good against Eastman

Terry Martin

Kracker_Jap » Posted 12/27/07 9:23:00PM

Maybe Kang should try and get into the Ultimate Fighter House ???

cmill21 » Posted 5/27/07 4:09:00PM

Posted by Kracker_Jap

Maybe Kang should try and get into the Ultimate Fighter House ???

Not that I think it's a bad suggestion, but why?

[View Full Version of this Page]