MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Florida Begins Preliminary Investigation of Kimbo Slice vs. Seth Petruzelli Fight   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
MMAcca » Posted 4/30/07 3:11:00PM

After repeated calls from ESPN.com, the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation -- which oversees the State Boxing Commission -- said Thursday that it has opened a preliminary investigation into the matter.

"While the Department of Business and Professional Regulation doesn't have any reason to believe there was a problem with the Slice-Petruzelli fight, given the interest in it, the Department has begun a preliminary investigation to thoroughly review the circumstances of the fight," said Jennifer Meale, Communications Director for the DBPR.

Being honest I think nothing is going to come of this, especially considering that Jennifer Meale is already saying that they don't believe there was a problem with the fight. Regardless, the investigation had to start at some point and as long as the DBPR is not just saying they're investigating without actually DOING IT something could very well turn something up.

Regardless all of the "will this hurt EliteXC?" talk is missing the big point. ESPN is running multiple articles talking about the possibility of fight fixing on an EXC show. The company is already hurt badly, regardless of if anything is turned up or not.

LINK

Chieftan1997 » Posted 1/17/07 6:54:00PM

Elite XC is such a joke. Their giving MMA a bad name. I can't wait until they go out of business.

aaa9erh8er » Posted 10/28/07 4:52:00PM

gaurentee if there poster boy would of won this wouldnt be an issue. get over it he lost

CantAndleDaRiddum » Posted 12/14/07 5:25:00PM

1st time ever a beat mmacca to a news article
Link

i deserve a badge for this

jk mmacca, keep up the good work

Chuteboxer » Posted 3/24/07 2:47:00PM

What are they trying to investigate? The fact that Kimbo got his butt handed to him?

Elite XC just needs to die. Nothing else needs to be said.

Sir_Karl » Posted 9/7/07 9:27:00PM

Their, there or they are.
Which one to use?
It seems to be a problem for many.

Relax...I am just being a wanker.
Like Wayne from The Wonder Years.
What a wanker.......

CantAndleDaRiddum » Posted 12/14/07 5:25:00PM

Posted by Sir_Karl

Which one to use?

What a wanker.......

lol i love the grammar & word usage on this site
im guilty of piss poor typing from time ot time, but i promise u will never see me say loose=lose

telnights » Posted 6/21/07 4:17:00PM

Even if they do nothing will come of it. CBS has way to much pull for anything to happen. The problem with commissions are they can be payed off or they are biased.

JimiMak » Posted 1/24/07 9:31:00PM

What are they investigating? (making a point, don't tell me to read the article)

The poster boy lost. His announced opponent didn't fight, on nearly a moments notice this kid took the fight. There wasn't enuf time after the fight announcement for bets to be made (excluding the LV and AC crowds who "may" have gotten a chance to bet, other than that no lines were ever announced) which is usually the biggest reason to fix a fight. Kimbo losing (they're lucky it didn't cost them more betting money) didn't help them. It hurt them badly. Him losing like that might cost them the whole company.

On the other hand there wasn't any question about the call. He almost made an early call on the knock down, but held himself back til the arms went flat. Everything about it was legit from a viewers perspective. I can't see any way that CBS/EXC would've gained anything from (not only Kimbo losing, but) that loss.

Rush » Posted 1/31/07 10:42:00PM

Posted by CantAndleDaRiddum

Posted by Sir_Karl

Which one to use?

What a wanker.......

lol i love the grammar & word usage on this site
im guilty of piss poor typing from time ot time, but i promise u will never see me say loose=lose

I tried

click me

All in all, the only thing that makes the most sense in this whole ordeal is the accusation that EXC offered Seth money to trade with Kimbo.

Sir_Karl » Posted 9/7/07 9:27:00PM

Wayne sucked up Kevin's Hamster with a vacuum cleaner..........

Cobbs666 » Posted 1/16/07 10:11:00PM

I used to like elite and loved the competition for the UFC, but if they are going to be pulling crap like this all the time i think the mma world can do without them

bigbubbano23 » Posted 10/26/07 10:31:00PM

now that i see what it looks like, iam glad the ufc never did it for hamill or anyone else.

MMAcca » Posted 4/30/07 3:11:00PM

Posted by CantAndleDaRiddum

1st time ever a beat mmacca to a news article
Link

i deserve a badge for this

jk mmacca, keep up the good work

Gipper » Posted 1/11/08 3:14:00PM

pretty simple kimbo got his ass kicked. hope to see elite xc and kimbo gone from mma.

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]