MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > MMA General > UFC Forum
A. Silva vs. Marquardt   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2 3
waylon_o » Posted 1/15/07 1:24:00PM

Thoughts on this one? Supposed to be at the beginning of July...

nellyhiphophead » Posted 1/25/07 7:01:00PM

i think nate has a great chance i think better then travis had

I think it will be a good fight. I love to watch Silva fight, he's amazing and his striking is secon-to-none, but I want an English-speaking UFC champ...sorry

I don't mean English as a primary language...I mean I at least want them to be able to do an interview in Broken-English

gspfan31 » Posted 1/25/07 12:56:00AM

Posted by waylon_o

I think it will be a good fight. I love to watch Silva fight, he's amazing and his striking is secon-to-none, but I want an English-speaking UFC champ...sorry

I don't mean English as a primary language...I mean I at least want them to be able to do an interview in Broken-English

ya... who cares if they can fight as long as they can do an interview *sigh*

Posted by gspfan31

Posted by waylon_o

Silva is a fantastic fighter...#1 or 2 MW in the world...I just want an English speaking person as champ. Personal reasons...I'm not trying to take anything away from him though. He's great

Lay_N_Pray » Posted 1/30/07 4:04:00PM

I have been very intrigued by this matchup for a while now and was hoping it would happen. If Nate really works hard I think this will be a five round chess match, with either man having an opportunity to win.

If it stays on the feeet for to long though Silva will knock him out easily, and if he isn't prepared I think Silva could sub him in the third.

Overall, this would be a fight worth seeing I think though and I really think he is the most deserving right now.

IMO Middleweight is the UFC's weakest division, but I think Marquardt is a capable opponent.

JimiMak » Posted 1/24/07 9:31:00PM

Posted by waylon_o

Posted by gspfan31

Posted by waylon_o

Silva is a fantastic fighter...#1 or 2 MW in the world...I just want an English speaking person as champ. Personal reasons...I'm not trying to take anything away from him though. He's great

I'm sorry, don't mean to be a dick, but it's comments like that that make me glad to not have an english speaking champ. Worlds best is a lot different from USA's best and UFC wants to become a more international entity. It shows some of the part time fans that being the best here isn't all it's about, most of them never heard of him til 6 mos before he became champ. BTW I think Nate has a better chance than Lutter did, but think he'll defend succussfully.

I recognize the fact that he's the undisputed champ, not if's-and's-or but's about it. I was just stating that I would rather have someone who can do an interview that I can understand without a translator. He is most definitely worthy of being champ, I'm not trying to diss him or take anything from him.

wkm311 » Posted 2/14/07 4:40:00PM

Posted by waylon_o

I recognize the fact that he's the undisputed champ, not if's-and's-or but's about it. I was just stating that I would rather have someone who can do an interview that I can understand without a translator. He is most definitely worthy of being champ, I'm not trying to diss him or take anything from him.

I really dont think Nate can hang with A. Silva. I like Marquardt, but I dont think hes ready for Silva right now...

THE_AXE_MURDERER » Posted 1/24/07 7:35:00PM

Posted by JimiMak

Posted by waylon_o

Posted by gspfan31

Posted by waylon_o

I'm sorry, don't mean to be a dick, but it's comments like that that make me glad to not have an english speaking champ. Worlds best is a lot different from USA's best and UFC wants to become a more international entity. It shows some of the part time fans that being the best here isn't all it's about, most of them never heard of him til 6 mos before he became champ. BTW I think Nate has a better chance than Lutter did, but think he'll defend succussfully.

its only a language his fighting does his talking for him.

SteedTheDeed » Posted 1/25/07 7:01:00PM

if silva works on his takedown defense, he should ko him.

cowcatcher » Posted 1/16/07 1:02:00AM

i'm not on the nate bandwagon, but he is deserving of a title shot, there's not a huge crop of 185ers in UFC. i think silva should handle him pretty easily by whatever means he wants to finish the fight with

loller90278 » Posted 1/16/07 3:05:00PM

Posted by waylon_o

Posted by gspfan31

Posted by waylon_o

can you state your personal reasons?

Interviews are big parts of the event for me...I always like to hear the interviews, and they tell you a lot about a person...Him having to have an interpreter doesn't give me the luxury of learning anything about him or his personality.

Pages: [1] 2 3

[View Full Version of this Page]