MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Rampage vs Wanderlei at UFC 92 not UFC 93   [View Full Version]
jae_1833 » Posted 7/19/07 11:27:00AM

MMAMania.com

Former UFC light heavyweight champion Quinton Jackson (28-7) and former Pride FC middleweight champion Wanderlei Silva (32-8-1) will collide at UFC 92 at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, Nevada, on December 27.

The blockbuster light heavyweight match up was first discussed for the UFC 91: “Couture vs. Lesnar” show on November 15 and then the UFC 93 Super Bowl weekend event on January 31. Those dates did not work out, however, and the bout is now slated to enhance the New Year’s Eve weekend mixed martial arts bonanza.

Jackelope » Posted 1/30/07 10:59:00AM

Better sooner than later. Hate to see Rampage come back from all his mental problems by getting KTFO'd by Wanderlei, but so be it!

nickcuc547 » Posted 1/27/07 12:52:00PM

Posted by Jackelope

Better sooner than later. Hate to see Rampage come back from all his mental problems by getting KTFO'd by Wanderlei, but so be it!

I don't know I think he's going to surprise. Rampage is a much more complete and intelligent fighter than he was the last two times they fought, i actually think he scores the tko this time.

Posted by nickcuc547

Posted by Jackelope

I don't know I think he's going to surprise. Rampage is a much more complete and intelligent fighter than he was the last two times they fought, i actually think he scores the tko this time.

Could be the case... I was just talking smack It will be interesting to find out, though. Especially considering all the things Rampage has said about how Dream "cheated" to keep Wanderlei on top. My thing is that Rampage has always gone into fights with Wanderlei full of mental problems and as a result he took the huge losses he did. I'm not sure he'll be there 100% mentally this time and I'm thinking that spells trouble.

jae_1833 » Posted 7/19/07 11:27:00AM

Doubt it.....decision if anything for Rampage....likely another KO victory for Wand IMO. Rampage's mindset is definately in question here....I think it plays a big role in this fight.

SpiderSilva » Posted 7/10/07 6:44:00PM

well we know its gonna be one hell of a fight Wandi is a man on a mission Rampage on the other hand sounds like he might need to go on a mission to find himself

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Shogunator800 » Posted 8/18/07 2:20:00AM

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by nickcuc547

Posted by Jackelope

Could be the case... I was just talking smack It will be interesting to find out, though. Especially considering all the things Rampage has said about how Dream "cheated" to keep Wanderlei on top. My thing is that Rampage has always gone into fights with Wanderlei full of mental problems and as a result he took the huge losses he did. I'm not sure he'll be there 100% mentally this time and I'm thinking that spells trouble.

Dream?????

Don't you mean Pride. The standups in either of those fights were no worse than standups that happen today in the UFC, IMO.

hodge » Posted 7/21/07 10:44:00AM

Winner gets next shot after Rashad IMO

WAR WANDERLEI

casey64 » Posted 7/5/07 2:39:00PM

Posted by Jackelope

Why wait it will happen anyway.

Posted by Shogunator800

Dream?????

Don't you mean Pride. The standups in either of those fights were no worse than standups that happen today in the UFC, IMO.

LOL yeah I did mean Pride. For the record I'm not saying I agree with Jackson, I'm just repeating what has been said.

MMAcca » Posted 4/30/07 3:11:00PM

In the Octagon, in America, Rampage will win.

kris_ericson » Posted 7/12/08 10:28:00PM

wanderlei all the way lookin forward to that fight

IriShame » Posted 3/25/08 7:48:00PM

This is kinda whack. I was looking forward to UFC 93 being the biggest card in history and this bout would have helped that. Now I have to buy UFC 92 which I was going to skip. Looks like it's Top Ramen for the month of December.

Also, don't try to give me shit about not getting 92, I'm poor as ****.

[View Full Version of this Page]