MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Josh Barnett: I Did Not Turn Down Arlovski Fight On CBS   [View Full Version]
DCRage » Posted 8/3/07 12:38:00PM

According to Josh Barnett, there have been several published reports stating he turned down a fight with Andrei Arlovski for next week's EliteXC on CBS event, a fight planned originally for the postponed Affliction PPV in October. Barnett has denied this, saying specifically "I did not turn down that fight."

Article

Darnok » Posted 9/10/07 6:37:00PM

It kinda sounds like he is not telling the whole truth.

If he didn't turn down the fight then he would have made a remark such as "I haven't been offered the fight".

Wolfenstein » Posted 12/13/07 3:31:00AM

I don't get why Roy's fighting him instead then. Like many in the industry have said Josh is a bit high maintenance and maybe Elite XC just didn't want to deal with his demands.

MMAcca » Posted 4/30/07 3:11:00PM

If he didn't turn down the fight, then why isn't he fighting ?

Jackelope » Posted 1/30/07 10:59:00AM

Barnett has never stricken me to be the type of man who would turn down a fight based on career fears or anything like that.

rabbit915 » Posted 10/23/07 3:00:00PM

This fight should happen. I have a feeling that if he did turn it down its because he got pressure from Affliction that they wanted to have this fight and that he shouldnt let EliteXC put it on.

SmileR » Posted 12/17/07 8:56:00PM

Who can blame him? I wouldn't fight Andrei for less than $100,000,000,000! The guy is like the terminator but handsome!

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

whardin19 » Posted 7/25/07 9:08:00PM

I don't see Barnett turning down this fight if it was offered. Haven't heard any report about it either. This fight needs to happen down the road though. It would be a really good fight.

[View Full Version of this Page]