MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Josh Thomson wants Joachim Hansen next   [View Full Version]
MMAcca » Posted 4/30/07 3:11:00PM

After defeating Ashe Bowman in a non-title fight this past weekend, Strikeforce lightweight champion Josh Thomson made it very clear who he wants to fight next.

“I am really looking forward to possibly fighting Joachim Hansen,” said Thomson.

Thomson went on to say that his next fight will definitely take place in 2008.

“November 21st is my next fight. I do know that I will be fighting at the HP Pavilion. I believe it will be a title defense.”

Once again, Thomson made it clear who he wants the title defense to be against.

“We are hoping for Joachim Hansen.”

A fight between Thomson and Hansen would certainly be an excellent match-up. Hansen is coming off a very impressive showing in the recent Dream lightweight tournament that included a win over Shinya Aoki and a loss to Eddie Alvarez in a potential fight of the year candidate. On the other hand, Thomson is on an eight fight winning streak dating back to March 2006.

LINK

nickcuc547 » Posted 1/27/07 12:52:00PM

make it happen, this is a headliner matchup. two well rounded fighters who like to bring it, and they fight in the most exciting division in the sport. Fight of the Year?

ncordless » Posted 4/8/07 11:09:00PM

Why not make the Punk/Ishida fight since they already have him signed?

DevonFoxy » Posted 6/27/07 1:57:00PM

Posted by ncordless

I figured that would be the clear choice after last night. But they may want to build Ishida more and him fighting Josh may make him look weak or whatever.....but I think this is the best fight available.

wrona666 » Posted 6/21/07 3:31:00PM

Be carefull what you wish for

ncordless » Posted 4/8/07 11:09:00PM

Posted by DevonFoxy

Posted by ncordless

I figured that would be the clear choice after last night. But they may want to build Ishida more and him fighting Josh may make him look weak or whatever.....but I think this is the best fight available.

I suppose, but it's pretty easy to build Ishida up just by saying he is the first person to Melendez.

Regardless... Thomson, Melendez, Ishida and supposedly Hanson is a great "top of division" for LW for Strikeforce.

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

i think hansen would beat him

gartface » Posted 7/29/07 7:00:00PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

i think hansen would beat him

I do too, but Josh Thomson is crafty, and very well rounded. It's got fireworks written all over it if it happens.

hotrodttt » Posted 8/25/07 6:56:00PM

Hellboy would tear Josh Up, from his Body Lock Takedowns to his Powerful Knees , he'd probably take a UD since Josh is a Tough guy but he's gotta watch out for that knee

Wolfenstein » Posted 12/13/07 3:31:00AM

Everyone wants t fight Hansen. Seriously if you win a GrandPrix you get a bullseye on your back. I don't see why Joachin would come to Strikeforce since they payed Ishida and Misaki a whole whopping $1500 each. He'd be better off fighting Eddie Alvarez for good money in Dream.

[View Full Version of this Page]