MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Guida talks win over Danzig   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
Jackelope » Posted 1/30/07 10:59:00AM

Sherdog talks the win over Mac Danzig with Clay Guida.

http://www.sherdog.com/videos/recent/Guida-Talks-Win-over-Ultimate-Fighter-1769

Way to go Guida! He's always putting on exciting fights and he's always respectful. Definitely one of my favorite fighters to watch.

tommyprairie » Posted 7/7/07 5:40:00PM

Its great to see a guy like that who it looks like everything did not come naturally, but he outworks the competition. Extremely respectful after the win. Nice Job Guida

postman » Posted 6/23/07 7:57:00PM

I was disaponited with that fight. I was pulling for Mac due to him growing up near me but I just felt like Guida was one step above LNP in that fight. He only tried to finish it in the last 10 seconds. I like both guys but Macs lack of cardio and Guidas willingness to get a decision bummed me out.

gartface » Posted 7/29/07 7:00:00PM

Posted by postman

I was disaponited with that fight. I was pulling for Mac due to him growing up near me but I just felt like Guida was one step above LNP in that fight. He only tried to finish it in the last 10 seconds. I like both guys but Macs lack of cardio and Guidas willingness to get a decision bummed me out.

LNP? He was trying for slams and suplexes all night....

allmotormark » Posted 1/17/07 4:53:00PM

slams and suplexes don't win fights rarely either of them end a fight , i love clay guida he is always exciting but he plays the LNP everytime and sometimes it bites him. All he wanted to do was win he held onto mac for 3 rounds. don't get me wrong he won that fight but he needs to get his boxing up another level and he will do well.

bullettdodger » Posted 8/26/07 10:38:00PM

I dunno, i have no problem if i fighter goes to his bread and butter if he is getting out struck on the feet. As far as i saw Danzig was the better striker and Guida didn't want to get KO'd.. he stuck to his game plan and good for him. Im glad Guida picked up the UD... (netted me full points on the hot bout)

Posted by gartface

Posted by postman

Like I said one step above. It was a little more action the just LNP and he did enough to keep it from getting stood up but he didn't even attempt to GNP Mac at all.

saemskin » Posted 12/13/07 12:06:00PM

Posted by gartface

Posted by postman

He's right, it wasn't lay n pray, but it WAS a pathetic hold and wait all damn night long. I dont care who you like and who you wanted to win, Guida put forth a lot of effort into HOLDING Danzig against the cage and doing NOTHING.

Danzig was clearly frustrated with this, as was I, and so should everyone else have been. This was a very dissapointing performance by Guida. All he did was hold onto Mac. Sad fight.

KINGJAMES » Posted 2/7/08 10:09:00PM

Posted by saemskin

Posted by gartface

Posted by postman

He's right, it wasn't lay n pray, but it WAS a pathetic hold and wait all damn night long. I dont care who you like and who you wanted to win, Guida put forth a lot of effort into HOLDING Danzig against the cage and doing NOTHING.

Danzig was clearly frustrated with this, as was I, and so should everyone else have been. This was a very dissapointing performance by Guida. All he did was hold onto Mac. Sad fight.

I believe Danzig liked being held by Guida simply because he DID NOTHING TO STOP IT. Good job Guida, thanks for the points

Hillbilly » Posted 6/13/08 7:06:00AM

well Danzig did stand up several times only to be taken back down and held onto, I would consider that trying to stop it. That was not even close to GnP by Guida.

Posted by saemskin

Posted by gartface

Posted by postman

I'm sure Guida would have opened up some GnP if he could have gotten away from the kimura and omoplata attempts by Danzig.

I think again this falls into the category of a chess battle going on where some people appreciate it and others want to see a huge finish. I appreciated watching Danzig's very technical and calm attempts at defending takedowns, getting back up, and looking for submissions. It was a great style to contrast Guida's brute strength and relentless pace.

To each their own. I found the fight to be highly entertaining.

Thats what drove me nuts Mac while being pushed around still made more attempts to win had the better striking and was never in trouble but at no time did I think Mac had a shot at winning the decision. Why because Guida slamed him down and layed on him. Unless you sub a guy you get no credit for being on the bottom all night.

Pookie » Posted 4/8/07 11:48:00PM

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by saemskin

Posted by gartface

Posted by postman

I'm sure Guida would have opened up some GnP if he could have gotten away from the kimura and omoplata attempts by Danzig.

I think again this falls into the category of a chess battle going on where some people appreciate it and others want to see a huge finish. I appreciated watching Danzig's very technical and calm attempts at defending takedowns, getting back up, and looking for submissions. It was a great style to contrast Guida's brute strength and relentless pace.

I have no idea how someone could not appreciate that fight. Guida wore the shit out of danzig in this fight and his constant pressure was what made the fight IMO.

Posted by Pookie

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by saemskin

Posted by gartface

Posted by postman

I have no idea how someone could not appreciate that fight. Guida wore the shit out of danzig in this fight and his constant pressure was what made the fight IMO.

Exactly, bro. I believe you could literally see the part of the fight where Guida BROKE Danzig. Mentally in the 3rd round a look came across Danzig's face that said he was broken. That's because Guida trains his ass off and never lets up with relentless pressure.

gartface » Posted 7/29/07 7:00:00PM

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by Pookie

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by saemskin

Posted by gartface

Posted by postman

Exactly, bro. I believe you could literally see the part of the fight where Guida BROKE Danzig. Mentally in the 3rd round a look came across Danzig's face that said he was broken. That's because Guida trains his ass off and never lets up with relentless pressure.

You guys couldn't have put it any better. I love watching matches like this. I love watching people like Guida and Gray Maynard fight. Technical wrestling matches always are a breath of fresh air, because I'd rather watch a guy slam someone and maybe "lay" on him, than watch shadow boxing for 15 rounds.

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]