MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Travis Lutter without a home   [View Full Version]
Wolfenstein » Posted 12/13/07 3:31:00AM

"I would like to be fighting," Lutter told MMARated.com today. "To be honest, I'm a little frustrated that I haven't found a home."

When we spoke to Lutter immediately following his release close to five months ago, he mentioned that he had preliminary talks with the now-defunct IFL and Affliction. Apparently, nothing came of those talks.

"I might have to take a fight on a smaller show just to get my name out there and build up my career again because it's a little frustrating that my career has stalled," Lutter said.

link

ufcboss » Posted 6/22/07 2:47:00AM

Its a little frustrating that your a top level fight, Who struggles to make weight, And gasses alot too.

So much potential, So much waste......

Wolfenstein » Posted 12/13/07 3:31:00AM

In the past Lutter has seemingly completely ignored conditioning and paid for it twice. That being said, he has outstanding jiu-jitsu. Maybe not the "Michael Jordan of Jiu jitsu or the Larry Bird, or Kobe Bryant...errr..shut up Goldberg...but he was very close to finishing off the top 2 MW's (Rich Franklin and Anderson Silva). He has too much talent to not be given a second chance. Someone give him a shot.

haggiswashere » Posted 7/30/07 3:48:00PM

i think he could act as a gatekeeper if macdonald doesn't mind sharing lol but with his work ethic and the fact that he pisses off the wrong people i don't ever see him being a contender

cowcatcher » Posted 1/16/07 1:02:00AM

the guy is capable of beating anyone at MW, and as mentioned he has come within seconds of doing so against 2 of the best, but i think the fact that he didnt make weight in the biggest fight of his career left a bad taste in the mouths of the ufc brass and has essentially blackballed him.

finnish_line » Posted 8/16/07 8:54:00AM

I hope he goes to the AFL so I can not pay to watch him fight.

bullettdodger » Posted 8/26/07 10:38:00PM

I ranted about this when he was cut. Dumbest move ever. Yes he has a problem getting his work ethic together, but when its there.... Travis Lutter is a beast. It really is a shame he couldn't see that himself before fighting Franklin or Silva.... a real shame.

[View Full Version of this Page]