MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Report: Fedor Emelianenko to be featured on re-scheduled Affliction card   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
SmileR » Posted 12/17/07 8:56:00PM

Adding to the speculation of Affliction's forthcoming "major announcement," it now appears WAMMA heavyweight champion Fedor Emelianenko will be featured on the re-scheduled "Affliction: Day of Reckoning."

NBCSports.com reported the addition of Emelianenko to a new Jan. 17, 2009, date after speaking with Affliction Chief Operating Officer Michael Cohen.

Messages MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) left with Cohen and Affliction Vice President Tom Atencio were not immediately returned.

Although Cohen told NBCSports.com that Emelianenko's services are secured, his potential opponent was not yet named.

"It is to be determined," Cohen was quoted as saying. "We are considering changing the combatants. We have not finalized that at this time. That is as a result of the issues to be revealed at the announcement."

Link

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

I wonder who he will fight.

ncordless » Posted 4/8/07 11:09:00PM

I have a sick feeling that we are getting ready for Fedor vs. Tito.... just a wild guess, but all these things are happening at once.

Wolfenstein » Posted 12/13/07 3:31:00AM

Fedor vs Arlovski should be back on then. It should be a good standup war until it hits the mat where Fedor's Sambo is about 12 levels above "the pitbulls".

Josh probably has a better chance to beat Fedor because of his granite chin and wrestling. He has the potential to control Fedor from the top and win a decision, whereas I don't think Arlovski has a way to win outside of a lucky punch.

Solidus » Posted 4/24/07 7:39:00PM

Posted by ncordless

I have a sick feeling that we are getting ready for Fedor vs. Tito.... just a wild guess, but all these things are happening at once.

I could see that being a stipulation in Tito's record breaking contract...he must first be demolished by Fedor, I'd watch that

TheCelica » Posted 6/23/07 2:22:00PM

I'd buy that for a dollar!

Mchubb316 » Posted 2/14/07 2:00:00PM

It has to be Arlovski. I don't think Affliction would put Tito in there against Fedor. I would watch the fight. What would the betting lines on a fight like that be?

ufcboss » Posted 6/22/07 2:47:00AM

Tito+9999999999 Fedor-99999999999

Jesse_Canadian_MMA » Posted 1/11/08 5:48:00PM

probably some can

fullerene » Posted 5/31/07 3:28:00PM

I wonder if this is the announcement that is supposed to change the face of MMA? If so, there better be a really interesting opponent for him.

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

fedor will face andre
tito will face babulu
and timmy might fight barnett now

Ordep » Posted 7/8/07 9:23:00PM

Posted by fullerene

I wonder if this is the announcement that is supposed to change the face of MMA? If so, there better be a really interesting opponent for him.

Kimbo?

jlock003 » Posted 9/18/07 5:33:00PM

Babalu has just recently gotten injured. He's out. Interesting fight though....those two guys hate each other.

loonytnt » Posted 7/9/07 11:43:00AM

tito bvs fedor i will like to see that

crazedfan » Posted 8/3/07 5:23:00PM

Affliction better hope then that Fedor fights a can on New Year's Eve, (which he probably will...), and doesn't get injured with this show less than 3 weeks after Fedor's next fight.

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]