MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > MMA General > UFC Forum
RIP Evan Tanner   [View Full Version]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
WrestlersAssassin » Posted 8/31/08 7:37:00PM

Why do the good always die young... I'm glad I met you before you passed on, and along with the rest of these fine MMA fans, I will remember and cherish the great fights and personality you brought to this sport. May you rest in peace and let us not forget.

george112 » Posted 1/24/07 7:00:00PM

R.I.P Evan

you will be missed greatly

i seriously teared up when i saw that tribute video in the videos section

DCRage » Posted 8/3/07 12:38:00PM

I don't think this was mentioned before, but in a very brief newspaper item I read this morning the possible cause of death is listed as heat exposure based on a preliminary report.

Also, a memorial website has been setup so fans, friends, & others can remember Tanner. The website is at EvanTanner.net.

Lebstyl3 » Posted 6/2/08 10:50:00AM

RIP evan tannar a true warrior of this sport and a legend.

npayant » Posted 1/28/07 6:28:00PM

Posted by DoTheMMAth

Website logo changed for now to show respect to Evan.

RIP mate.

Classy move... thanks.

RIP Tanner.

CwB » Posted 2/27/07 2:05:00PM

RIP

casey64 » Posted 7/5/07 2:39:00PM

manny51 » Posted 6/28/07 5:25:00PM

I always enjoyed watching Evan fight. it's really unfortunate that this happened. Rest in Peace Evan Tanner.

tmas » Posted 6/15/07 2:09:00AM

One of my favorites, he struggled in life at times, but was a champ in the octo.

mad respect for Evan

condolences to all Evan will be missed.

tmas » Posted 6/15/07 2:09:00AM

we should all put evan tanner as our favorite fighter until the week, or next ppv, some small way to honor him.

jomatty » Posted 7/13/07 9:07:00AM

a lot of evan's struggles would have made the fickle fans on these forums bash him incessantly but evan was such an honest, open, and just plain good human being that i rarely heard anything bad about his lifestyle issues. that is a real testament to who he was. hopefully he has found some peace and left the struggles he had behind him. being honest about things like addiction is so very very hard and evan's character allowed him to be honest, and im sure help others in the process. this is incredibly sad to me. those of you who are new to the spot should go back and watch his fight with david terrel. it really shows his warrior spirit. he did not have the technical skills of many of his opponents, he was not really great at any one aspect aside from ground and pound, but he was a tough fight for anyone because of his warrior spirit. there are few fighters i can think of that approached evan in terms of heart. very sad day for fans of mma, or more importantly fans of humanity

GrandMaster313 » Posted 6/9/07 7:01:00PM

R.I.P. Evan We will all miss you buddy!!

MMAcca » Posted 4/30/07 3:11:00PM

Posted by GrandMaster313

R.I.P. Evan We will all miss you buddy!!

DCRage » Posted 8/3/07 12:38:00PM

F4WOnline just posted this item a short time ago:

Dana White said this morning that they will be dedicating Wednesday night's live show on Spike from Omaha, headlined by Houston Alexander vs. Eric Schafer, to Evan Tanner and that they will be airing an Evan Tanner TV tribute show on Spike. White said they've also put together 30 second tribute spots for Tanner that will be airing soon.

No word yet on when the tribute show will air. One thing for sure, I definitely will be watdching.

AxeMurderer97 » Posted 9/18/08 8:34:00PM

Evans death brought tears to my eyes, he was the first fighter i started to like and follow.

RIP Evan, you'll be missed.

"I will do nothing lightly. When I walk, I will walk heavily. When I fight, I will fight with conviction. When I speak, I will speak strongly. When I feel, I will feel everything. When I love, I will love with everything."
- Evan Tanner

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

[View Full Version of this Page]