MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > MMA General > UFC Forum
RIP Evan Tanner   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Snowstud0101 » Posted 10/17/07 11:38:00AM

Sorry to hijack this thread, this needs to be sticky'd.

Information prior to the death

“A body was discovered in the Palo Verde mountain area on Monday, said Lt. George Moreno from Imperial County Sheriff’s Department. The Palo Verde mountain area is 60 miles northeast of Brawley. Authorities have not confirmed if the body is that of missing mixed martial arts fighter, Evan Tanner, who had fought in the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC). Tanner, 37, has been missing since last weekend. Tanner’s friends from Oceanside, where Tanner resides, had been texting him without reply since Wednesday before they reported him missing on Friday. On Sunday, a campsite was discovered in the Clapp Springs area of the Palo Verde mountains. Tanner’s motorcycle was found at the campsite. A body was found today when a sheriffs deputy was flying around the general location of the campsite. The Imperial County deputy coroner is being flown in to retrieve and identify body.”
Source

It was confirmed today that Evan Tanner has passed away at the age of 37.

Please show your respects here:

Evan Tanner's blog

cloud301336 » Posted 7/24/07 12:31:00AM

shit man that sucks, here's the site http://mmajunkie.com/news/5243/former-ufc-champ-evan-tanner-dead-at-37.mma

bls1919 » Posted 6/25/07 1:09:00AM

This sucks. I had bad things to say about Tanner in his last 2 fights, but this really blows. I'm not going to coment on his "adventure" i will just have to let him go on in my mind as the guy who COMPLETELY DERAILED David Terrell(sp)

Chuteboxer » Posted 3/24/07 2:47:00PM

This is just ******* horrible...what a poor guy. RIP. I'm gonna miss him.

p_unit23 » Posted 1/24/07 5:02:00PM

man that fucken sucks. great fighter. the mma community will surely miss him.

Jackelope » Posted 1/30/07 10:59:00AM

I am deeply sorry to hear this news. RIP Evan Tanner, a real life trail blazer.

pmeout » Posted 2/9/07 7:58:00PM

“I've been sitting around this apartment, bored to tears, waiting on the last of the gear I need for the desert adventure to come in the mail. I've really been looking forward to getting out there,” wrote Tanner. “It seems some MMA websites have reported on the story, posting up that I might die out in the desert, or that it might be my greatest opponent yet, etc. Come on guys. This isn't a version of "Into the Wild". I'm not going out into the desert with a pair of shorts and a bowie knife, to try to live off the land. I'm going fully geared up, and I'm planning on having some fun.”

Evan Tanner's words from sherdog

ricoj3323 » Posted 6/22/07 1:20:00AM

R.I.P to a talented fighter, a pioneer in MMA and more important then fighting he was a great person. He seemed to live a troubled life but he lived life free and in touch with nature, and thats want he wanted. I give my prayers to his friends and family and may his soul rest easy now.

Sticksta13 » Posted 1/24/07 3:18:00PM

Very sad news, hope he was at peace.

RIP EVAN

Pookie » Posted 4/8/07 11:48:00PM

This is terrible

misses1112 » Posted 9/1/07 1:19:00AM

I LOVE U FOREVER

INSPIRE

LIVE

LOVE

BELIEVE

Aaronno9 » Posted 10/10/07 2:09:00PM

RIP

GrizzlyChadams » Posted 6/3/08 10:34:00PM

It's tragic that he died but we have to remember he was out there doing something he loved. I'm sure he's happy with where he passed away and he'll be seriously missed. He was a very interesting man who had gone through some terrible experiences, battled through them and truly found himself.

RIP Evan.

Khaos » Posted 6/27/07 8:20:00PM

Very saddened to hear this, he was one of my favorite MW's in all of the UFC. Even though his comeback didn't go well, I was very happen to see him, I just wish he could have won once more before he died.

RIP EVAN TANNER.

fonduktoe » Posted 1/4/08 6:33:00PM

here's to you tanner
i always rooted for you
(silence as i raise my glass)
you truly will be missed

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

[View Full Version of this Page]