MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Matt Brown versus Dong Hyun Kim moved to UFC 88 main card   [View Full Version]
SmileR » Posted 12/17/07 8:56:00PM

After a last-moment injury forced a bout between Karo Parisyan and Yoshiyuki Yoshida to be canceled, the UFC has elected to move a welterweight contest between "The Ultimate Fighter 7" cast member Matt Brown (7-6 MMA, 1-0 UFC) and Dong Hyun Kim (10-0-1 MMA, 1-0 UFC) to UFC 88's televised main card.

Joe Rogan, who emceed this afternoon's official weigh-in for tomorrow night's "UFC 88: Breakthrough," mentioned the change during the weigh-ins. The UFC's official website has also notated the switch.

Brown, an Ohio-based fighter who trains in Cincinnati (with Team Jorge Gurgel) and Columbus, was one of the surprises of "TUF: Team Rampage vs. Team Forrest." Brown defeated Josh Hall via TKO in an elimination-round bout, and he followed up that performance with a first-round knockout of Jeremy May in a preliminary-round fight. However, eventual show winner Amir Sadollah defeated him in the quarterfinals in one of the season's better fights.

Link

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

prozacnation1978 » Posted 7/5/07 11:42:00PM

wow!!
i was thinking thiago vs kurt or jason vs jason

gabe531 » Posted 6/2/07 12:26:00PM

im glad they added this one because dong will be able to show how good he is plus i dont think it will last long so we get to see more fights

Porch28 » Posted 2/11/07 3:08:00PM

I'm actually looking forward to seeing Kim fight rather than Brown who will probably get KO'd

MMAcca » Posted 4/30/07 3:11:00PM

Brown is gonna get Dong'd early

[View Full Version of this Page]