MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
NOGUEIRA HANGING TUF, PREPARING FOR MIR   [View Full Version]
MMAcca » Posted 4/30/07 3:11:00PM

Season 8 of “The Ultimate Fighter” will be starting on Sept. 17 with Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira and Frank Mir as coaches. This season will feature lightweights and light heavyweights looking to become the next emerging star in the Ultimate Fighting Championship.

Nogueira defeated Tim Sylvia back in February to become the interim UFC heavyweight champion and has not fought since. He will take his years of wisdom and experience and implement them to the fortunate members of his team this season. Helping with the coaching duties will be some of the best in the business as UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva and top light heavyweight contender Lyoto Machida will be there to assist. “I'm sure you'll see them pop on there,” said Nogueira's manager, Ed Soares.

Nogueira has been involved in some of the most memorable match-ups in mixed martial arts history. His unbelievable victories over Bob Sapp and Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic were some of the most exciting fights ever in the sport.

LINK

jae_1833 » Posted 7/19/07 11:27:00AM

Am I the only one who thinks this Nog Mir fight is going to be a slaughter??

jakeiceman » Posted 4/24/07 5:18:00AM

Posted by jae_1833

.....if by slaughter you mean Mir for the win......I completely agree

bullettdodger » Posted 8/26/07 10:38:00PM

LOL im pretty sure Nog has this one sewn up. Both have really good Jiu Jitsu pedigrees so i feel they neutralize each other, Nog's boxing is better so i think Nog takes it.

AnDeRsonDaSiLvA » Posted 1/8/08 1:42:00AM

to the people who think mir will win.... did you see mir vs marcio cruz? I think it will go very much the same.

jae_1833 » Posted 7/19/07 11:27:00AM

Posted by jakeiceman

Posted by jae_1833

That's not EXACTLY what I meant, but yeah I see what side your on.

jakeiceman » Posted 4/24/07 5:18:00AM

Posted by jae_1833

Posted by jakeiceman

Posted by jae_1833

That's not EXACTLY what I meant, but yeah I see what side your on.

Ha ha man I was just playing. Honestly I'm not on a side. I really dont favor either of them....I guess i was kinda being a ha ha

[View Full Version of this Page]