MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
KJ Noons versus Nick Diaz "definitely not happening"   [View Full Version]
Pages: [1] 2
nickcuc547 » Posted 1/27/07 12:52:00PM

The very-public feud between EliteXC Vice President Jared Shaw and 160-pound champion KJ Noons' manager Mark Dion has now led to the official cancellation of the proposed bout for EliteXC's October return to CBS.

Shaw today informed MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) of EliteXC's decision.

"KJ Noons versus Nick Diaz is definitely not happening on Oct. 4," Shaw said.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/5122/kj-noons-versus-nick-diaz-definitely-not-happening.mma

Porch28 » Posted 2/11/07 3:08:00PM

I HATE Dion!!!!!!!!!!!

Pookie » Posted 4/8/07 11:48:00PM

How can anyone take this guy seriously anymore?

Mchubb316 » Posted 2/14/07 2:00:00PM

What I get out of this is that Dion and Noons called Shaws bluff about stripping the title if he didn't take the fight. The deadline past and the fight was scrapped. Now Shaw is saying it isn't Noons fault but Dion's. What this tells me is that a guys agent can say who fights who. I said it before, I don't care if it is Noons or his agent, it doesn't matter if you think Diaz is deserving, fight who they ask you to fight. This whole situation is dumb, I hope Diaz wins his next fight, Alvarez comes back over, beats Noons into retirement and we can see Alvarez vs Diaz. I hope this was not to overboard, but I call it lilke I see it.

grappler0000 » Posted 3/24/07 5:29:00PM

Not only are promoters taking note of what managers not to deal with in the future, but KJ's career isn't exactly on the level it needs to be in order to pull these sort of shenanigans...who would want to work with him after this?

bullettdodger » Posted 8/26/07 10:38:00PM

One thing is for certain, KJ Noons is not long for the fight world and neither is any fighter that attaches themselves to Dion. The guy is a parasite, trying to make money off another person's talent.

finnish_line » Posted 8/16/07 8:54:00AM

Strip him of the title.

Send a message.

coldchillin » Posted 6/29/07 11:55:00AM

strip him of the title and let Diaz and Eddie Alvarez fight for the title.

I lost the little respect I had for Noons.

telnights » Posted 6/21/07 4:17:00PM

Well looks like KJ's manager has pretty much screwed him. He has left EliteXC with no options but to strip him. EliteXC cant have their fighters or their managers dictating what fights they will and wont take. If they cave to KJ's managers demands then this problem will just get worse and will start to see other fighters pulling these kind of stunts. Man I feel sorry for KJ because there was a chance he could have won the fight (not huge chance but still a chance) and also could have made money from it. Now he will have No fight, No Money, No chance of keeping his belt, and No chance any other ORG will pick him up because no other ORG will put up with this kind of stuff either. I also think if he keeps this up EliteXC will side line him till his contract is up. But who knows maybe EliteXC will cave to his demands but I don't see it happening as it would be a huge mistake by EliteXC.

RMFG_187 » Posted 6/25/07 4:06:00AM

Noons beat Diaz. whether cut or not. KJ then ran right through Yves in a way i have never seen before. He is the TRUE LW champ. but with that said, Champ shouldnt duck fights. I would understand if KJ wanted to fight a few more guys before Diaz, but full out saying no? I have yet to see a champ duck a fight with a fighter he has already beat.

Dunno if KJ is scared, or if he wants to be champ another year, or if KJ actually thinks he would maul him so bad a second time that the fight really doesnt need to happen. In either case, KJ will have to take this fight sooner or later. But from wat I know, I think he only has at most 2 fights in his contract, So I have a feeling he wants to get 2 more wins under his belt, then go to UFC or Affliction.

I still say KJ would get owned by Diaz, Round 1 Sub is my guess.

Svartorm » Posted 1/24/07 8:41:00PM

Just a reminder:

KJ Noons is a fighter, and right or wrong, you are not to insult him on our forums.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

ncordless » Posted 4/8/07 11:09:00PM

Wow. I would never have guessed there would be so many people siding with Jared Shaw.

Posted by ncordless

Wow. I would never have guessed there would be so many people siding with Jared Shaw.

I never thought I would side with either Shaw on any issue, but there's a first time for everything.

Lord_Lenny » Posted 3/31/07 6:09:00PM

KJ is among the few fighters i dont like, but i'll reserve judgement on this one until i hear HIM say no to this offer. His manager, Dion, is a rockstar wannabe, in the past he's failed to inform brandon vera of his offers from UFC and formed a holdout that damaged vera's reputation and relationship with the UFC, so i wouldnt be surprised if KJ is unaware of the offer or the deadline and Dion is looking out for his own best interest. That being said, KJ isnt half the superstar he and Dion seem to think he is. They need to fight who the company and fans consider number one contender without question. Picking and choosing their own contender is ridiculous, it's managers like this that corrupted boxing and Dion is a detriment MMA's growth and reputation

Posted by Lord_Lenny

KJ is among the few fighters i dont like, but i'll reserve judgement on this one until i hear HIM say no to this offer. His manager, Dion, is a rockstar wannabe, in the past he's failed to inform brandon vera of his offers from UFC and formed a holdout that damaged vera's reputation and relationship with the UFC, so i wouldnt be surprised if KJ is unaware of the offer or the deadline and Dion is looking out for his own best interest. That being said, KJ isnt half the superstar he and Dion seem to think he is. They need to fight who the company and fans consider number one contender without question. Picking and choosing their own contender is ridiculous, it's managers like this that corrupted boxing and Dion is a detriment MMA's growth and reputation

I understand what you're saying, but KJ has been vocal about not giving Diaz a rematch...he's said it in interviews, including his appearance on Inside MMA. And I'm pretty sure he knows about the deadline...if every hardcore fan on the planet knows, then he must. This is just as much his fault as it is Dion's...Dion plays a great bad cop, but at the end of the day, you are responsible for your own decisions and representation.

Pages: [1] 2

[View Full Version of this Page]