MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
EliteXC's frustration mounts with lightweight champion KJ Noons   [View Full Version]
SmileR » Posted 12/17/07 8:56:00PM

EliteXC has big plans for its Oct. 4 appearance on CBS. With top stars "Kimbo Slice" and Gina Carano already booked, the next piece of the puzzle should be a 160-pound title rematch between champion KJ Noons and Nick Diaz.

However, EliteXC Vice President Jared Shaw today told MMAjunkie.com the organization has hit a roadblock in securing Noons' services for the evening.

"I'm sitting here and I'm drinking from a carton of milk right now," Shaw said. "And the EliteXC lightweight champion KJ Noons' face is on the back of this milk carton because he's missing in action."

Link

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

jiujitsufreak74 » Posted 9/24/07 7:28:00PM

i understand why he is frustrated that Noons is reluctant to rematch with Diaz but to say he is missing from action is retarded. the dude just fought 2 months ago...nto like he dropped off the face of the Earth or anything.

grappler0000 » Posted 3/24/07 5:29:00PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

i understand why he is frustrated that Noons is reluctant to rematch with Diaz but to say he is missing from action is retarded. the dude just fought 2 months ago...nto like he dropped off the face of the Earth or anything.

I would understand if he said he wanted more time off, but if Shaw has been truthful in his statements, Noons and his management aren't even returning phone calls.

Mchubb316 » Posted 2/14/07 2:00:00PM

If Noons is truly acting this way, what a punk. The guy needs to act professional, step up and give Diaz a rematch. He says he will do the same to Diaz as last time, show us then. Noons needs to be on that card anyway, even if it is not Diaz. If he doesn't want to fight Diaz, then who? Just fight someone then.

AnDeRsonDaSiLvA » Posted 1/8/08 1:42:00AM

dont be shook homie

bullettdodger » Posted 8/26/07 10:38:00PM

Posted by grappler0000

I would understand if he said he wanted more time off, but if Shaw has been truthful in his statements, Noons and his management aren't even returning phone calls.

Exactly, if they aren't even returning phone calls or at least say that he needs more time to rest in between fights, I don't think he should have that long of a lay off due to the fairly quick work he made of his last opponent . I missed the first match these guys had, but its one match up that I want to see. If K.J. doesn't want to fight Nick he really should vacate the belt.

SpiderSilva » Posted 7/10/07 6:44:00PM

man talk about ducking a fighter that dude has been running his mouth he is gonna get worked if they rematch

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Solidus » Posted 4/24/07 7:39:00PM

It's funny how EliteXC appears to be all about getting this fight to happen but they backed down on Rogers vs Slice and Cyborg vs Carano. F***ing annoyed with this organization and their bs circus

MikeyG » Posted 7/23/08 2:20:00PM

This just shows KJ's true colors by doing what he can to avoid fighting Diaz, he won by a cut, thats not truly a win, Nicks specialty is a come from behind win, look at the Gomi fight, rocked a few times just like the KJ fight and he came back and gogo'd him along with lots of Diaz's fights. I would have zero doubt in saying that Nick would never lose to KJ again, in this instance experience topples youth. Hell I say just release KJ if he dosnt wanna defend the belt, hes easily one of the most overrated LW's in the world. Besides if he really wanted to fight Diaz he wouldnt have avoided goldbergs question of fighting Diaz and using his hometown crowd as a scapegoat to answer the question without actually answering it and in turn disrespecting him before Nick did. That was real disappointing to see Yves lose to KJ.

jiujitsufreak74 » Posted 9/24/07 7:28:00PM

Posted by grappler0000

well i take everything that the Shaws say with a grain of salt. if he is really not returning phone calls then i guess i am mistaken.

nickcuc547 » Posted 1/27/07 12:52:00PM

hopefully diaz ends his career, if i never see kj noons again i'll be happy, the guy's a joke.

bls1919 » Posted 6/25/07 1:09:00AM

I hope that shaw is exagerating, if not and Nons isnt even returing calls, that is shite. If you dont want to fight the guy now then say you need some more time off.

[View Full Version of this Page]