MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Josh Burkman and Pete Sell signed for UFC 90 bout   [View Full Version]
SmileR » Posted 12/17/07 8:56:00PM

The Ultimate Fighter 4" middleweight contestant Pete "Drago" Sell (7-4 MMA, 1-4 UFC) will drop to welterweight to fight "TUF 1" alumnus Josh Burkman (9-6 MMA, 5-4 UFC) at October's UFC 90 event.

Sources close to both fighters today confirmed the upcoming bout with MMAjunkie.com and said that bout agreements were recently signed.

Link

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

kopower » Posted 7/3/07 12:31:00AM

Can't wait to see Sell get ko'd again!! If he loses the UFC should get rid of him. Being buds with Serra has gotten him a long way

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

KingCreep » Posted 11/16/07 8:52:00AM

burkman was tuf 2... i think i got drago in this one but it should be a good scrap.

bls1919 » Posted 6/25/07 1:09:00AM

Two guys in desperate need for a win make for a hell of a fight. I like both of these guys, and have to say i am Leaning toward Sell. As long as the cut to 170 doesn't hurt him. Stand up they are very close. I would have to say the ground game is up in the air. Most likely it is going to be a sluggfest. Drago wins via TKO late 2nd

EDIT: WAR DRAGO!!!

Khaos » Posted 6/27/07 8:20:00PM

I hope Sell wins, so the drop Burkman, then Sell loses his next fight, so they drop him to, its a win-win situation,should be a good fight though.

quezocrema0032 » Posted 7/15/07 12:46:00AM

i think sell has better techinical striking and more power but a much weaker jaw ... and burkman has the better wrestling by far ... but the worse jui jit sui ... im going burkman ud ... but i want both guys in the Ufc i think if they should have gave sell a easier fight so he could have stayed in the ufc

KYGUY07 » Posted 4/9/07 12:49:00PM

i think the loser of the fight is gonna be gone from the ufc, neither guy has great cardio, so that could be a problem for both fighters, I expect fireworks in the first round i think were gonna see a huge slugfest but burkman puts everything into every punch so he tends to gas, after the first round both fighters will prolly be very tired and neither will have the energy to finish the fight i think drago wins by decison, but i think he should definetely try to get the fight to the ground.

[View Full Version of this Page]