MMAPlayground.com

Forum Index > Community > MMA News Share Forum
Florian: "MMA Live Could Soon Be On ESPN TV"   [View Full Version]
DCRage » Posted 8/3/07 12:38:00PM

According to show co-host Kenny Florian, the espn.com program "MMA Live" could soon be headed to TV. Florian said a deal that would put the show on ESPN or ESPN2 is "very, very close" to being finalized.

Article

juanez13 » Posted 7/12/07 9:54:00PM

Would be great if it does go on

Twenty20Dollars » Posted 6/21/07 4:27:00PM

another reason to watch espn even more

voodoo-jitsu » Posted 6/15/08 1:18:00AM

that will be another program for me to record

emfleek » Posted 11/18/07 4:54:00PM

This doesn't surprise me. I still say ESPN will land a deal with the UFC eventually.

I'll watch MMA Live if it's on TV. I don't care to watch it online, for some reason.

ohiostate1016 » Posted 9/20/07 12:33:00PM

I see this show coming on ESPN late at night as part of their "Live" shows. I remember back in the past when they tried to do three 20-minute shows in the 12 o'clock eastern hour instead of two 30-minute shows. I really liked that concept, and I could definitely see them bringing this show into the mix after the baseball season is over (Baseball Tonight currently occupies the 12 o'clock eastern spot). If they pair this show with NFL Live and possibly College Football Live to start the fall it would not only be very popular among 18-34's who are watching TV at the time, but it would also bring lots of new fans to the sport that normally watch ESPN at that time. Think about it. There are endless possibilities. They could throw College Basketball Live and NBA Live in there when football is over.

I've always said that I'd make better decisions if I worked at ESPN, but I don't see how I could top an idea like this one (plus, SportsCenter is going live in the morning! War ESPN!).

Manak » Posted 6/29/07 12:28:00PM

i may never change the channel if this were to happen

ESPN needs to make this into a podcast if they haven't already (similar to what HDNet has done with HDNet Fights and Inside MMA), I keep forgetting to get on the site to watch it.

UPDATE: Not happening. Yet. Although the show's doing well it will stay online-only for now. And it is available as a podcast through iTunes and (I think) espn.com podcenter.

[View Full Version of this Page]